In memorium: Rob Davie, aka BigJetDriver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never met him. But I would say it's a measure of the man that I always appreciated his insight, tolerance and wisdom.

I will miss him.

Dominus vobiscum Rob.

I did have the good fortune to know Rob, and to have met him. Passionate, knowledgeable, gifted...

Already I miss him, what a loss, what a shame.

Tobin

I am absolutely stunned by this terrible news. Rob was an incredible source of wisdom, knowledge and thoughtfulness - I will miss him greatly.

My condolences to his family and friends at the passing of this great man. I wish you every measure of peace and comfort at this time.

Andrew

the bell has been rung for one of our own
we live our lives and days go on
'tis not death that we remember and honor of the not long passed
but his life, dreams, up till final breath

~dedicated to BJD 4/25/06

This is a sad day for us all. I was shocked at hearing the news and as the day has worn on, I have experienced an awful melancholy state.

Rob will be greatly missed and his friends and family will all be in my prayers.

Goodbye Rob.

Christian

This has been a very hard day for me, for us all. His wisdom and quirky sense of humor will live on in his posts here but I know that he died doing something he was so passionate about. My prayers are sent to the rest of his friends and his family.

Fair winds and clear water, My Friend.

As I write this, I have somewhat wet eyes. BJD was one of the few people on the board that you could really disagree with but come out smiling. He had a great sense of humour --- for a Yank! (BTW he would have liked that last comment as we had many a jest in PMs)

When I first saw the thread title I thought it might have been in jest - as I read further it became obvious that it was serious.

Rest in peace Rob.

I had talked with him via this forum and via private e-mail. So much more experienced than I at this underwater stuff but brothers in the sky. Fair skys as you wing your way west my friend.
My prayers for his friends and family.

I can't believe I am typing this...

Rob was the perfect gentleman and a genuine, honest and caring friend. I am honoured to have known him and will miss him terribly. Words fail me.

Good Night, God Bless Mr Davie

Miss Lou
xxxxxxxx
RBW Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom