In my journey to be a better diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Remy B.

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
First I want to clarify that I have no afiliation to the entities I mention in this post and I'm posting this as a personal informative message.

As I seek to be a better diver and team member, I enrolled my self in the Tek Camp 2018 in the UK for 4 days of what I hope will be great training by top instructors in the industry.

In between the offers of the Tek Camp, there was a promosion of a online microclass www.thehumandiver.com, which I found that nailed the human factor communication ( or improper communication in the diving world )

From the point of view as a student, I see that this course, or in particular the complete hands on course will benefied a lot of instructors around the world, as I see and have experienced first hand in more than two occations the lack of proper teaching enviroment and communication skills of instructors, and that this type of information can help them greatly improve.

As a new diver this will be a great refresher of things that we know but tend to not emphasize or had taken for granted, it will definately be a tool to considere for improving and refining your self as a diver.

And if any that reads this, and happen to be on vacations in the UK maybe they can make a detour and experience hopefully great diving skills training in the Tek Camp at Vobster Quay.

Very interesting.
Personally, I think this applies not only to diving, but to everyday situations.

I need to admit, I'm a terrible communicator.
I know is an issue, but I'm not doing too much to resolve it.

Kudos to you @Remy B. for wanting to improve your skills and being neutral in agency conflicts.

Very interesting.
Personally, I think this applies not only to diving, but to everyday situations.

I need to admit, I'm a terrible communicator.
I know is an issue, but I'm not doing too much to resolve it.

True, it is the effective communication part, applicable to all aspects of the day to day.

True, it is the effective communication part, applicable to all aspects of the day to day.
Absolutely!
Many issues could be avoided by just using the right communication skills.
...but we also need the right listening skills, otherwise it's wasted time (in my opinion).

As soon as I have some free time, I'll check more thoroughly the micro-classes...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom