In Orlando For A Day, Any Decent Nearby Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bdshort

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just arrived in Jacksonville today after a cruise, and will be driving to Orlando once we disembark. I have a full day in Orlando. Most likely planning on driving to Cape Canaveral but was curious if there was anywhere interesting to dive in the Orlando area. No buddy or gear so I'd need a guide. Also flying out at 7am the next morning so probably nothing deep either.

Disney's Epcot Centers Dive Quest is fun enough to do once or twice. Jupiter is the closest ocean diving but my bet is marine conditions are not very good right now. Operators include Jupiter Dive Center, Captain Sl8er, Stuart Scuba. Devils Den in Williston Florida is also a fun spring dive to do once or twice

Don't they still give a discount to NAUI C-card holders?

It's worth doing just to have bragging rights to say you've done it.

Call and ask. They often have AAA, PADI, NAUI and other discounts available. Saves maybe 10%.

They have two groups a day typically both late afternoon. Book the earlier one because after you are finished, you can roam around Epcot. Eat dinner and drink. Watch the fireworks.

Devils Den in Williston Florida is also a fun spring dive to do once or twice

Rainbow River is also a pretty neat dive up that way.

Also there's a Manatee snorkel + Cavern dive with American Pro Diving out of Crystal River that's pretty neat.

Blue Spring (Orange City), Alexander Spring, a few Daytona dive ops and the list goes on. If you don't mind driving, go to Venice Beach and search for Meglagon teeth. You're in Florida. There's diving just about everywhere.

The Epcot dive sounds interesting. It doesn't sound like they run it on Sunday's though. I'm not sure I feel like all the way to some of the other suggestions either, so I think I may save the diving for a later Florida vacation and just visit the Kennedy Space Center. I think it's been over 30 years since I've been there!

The Epcot dive sounds interesting. It doesn't sound like they run it on Sunday's though. I'm not sure I feel like all the way to some of the other suggestions either, so I think I may save the diving for a later Florida vacation and just visit the Kennedy Space Center. I think it's been over 30 years since I've been there!

Shame you can't do the Epcot dive - I thought it was great.
HOWEVER, the space center is outstanding. Similar to you I had about 25 years between visits and went back two years ago. It is tremendous - make sure to take the tour that takes you to the Mission Control building where the presentation is excellent. Also, their display of a space shuttle is done much better that other displays I've seen - e.g. the Smithsonian.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom