In Orlando this weekend and next week, looking to dive east coast???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fppf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Folks
I'm in Orlando for the weekend and next week, have my gear.

Looking to splash somewhere close on the east coast of FL. Any suggested ops or locations to deal with? Trying to keep the drive time in the 2-3 hour range from Disney.

We are also going to go up to crystal river area for some Manatee snorkling and maybe a dive or two if anyone has some suggestions there as well.

Thanks for the tips in advance.

YAY, I'll be the first of many to recommend you dive Boynton Beach with UnderWater Explorers. Usually half a dozen folks have recommended Kev before I get a chance to and all I can do is a "ditto".

If you drive a little further south to Fort Lauderdale, my dive op of choice is Sea Experience. I'll be on the boat this Saturday, in fact.

There is Sea Dogs in new smyrna. If you want to take a Drive to west palm, I recommend Capt. John on hypnautical. A+ Capt. with a great 6 pack Catamaran.

I live just east of Orlando near Kennedy Space Center, so I have to make this same kind of decision a lot. Yeah, Jupiter is going to be your closest really good reef dive, another vote for Jupiter Dive Center from me - just take the Turnpike until about where it hits I-95 and you're there. However, with just a leeetle bit more driving you can be in Boynton Beach, where the reefs are a bit shallower and thus more bright and colorful than Jupiter; Underwater Explorers is tops there as mentioned. But you can't go wrong with either site.

Thanks everyone, I think we will try for Jupiter.
However, the Mrs seems to be getting sick :( oh well, at least we are having a good time at Disney with the family.

Any suggestions for Manatee tours and or diving on Crystal River? At least with the Manatee snorkle you don't need to clear the snot out of your ears :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom