In the market for a primary torch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also have a few Xtar D26, very happy with them, have them helmet mounted for cave dives. Good amount of light and very good on the battery. If you find yourself in Moalboal we keep a stock available for sale at Savedra.

I dove for a while with a 1K lumen light. It was OK for NE USA wreck diving. Then its cord got nicked and it flooded (again) and the manufacturer wanted more than I was willing to pay to have it rebuilt a second time, particularly since they use a cord with thin insulation that cuts easily (grrr....). I got an LM 750 and found it adequate for wreck diving, but just adequate. On the other hand it's been bulletproof. I *like* bulletproof.

I have an UWLD 3500 lumen light now. My other two lights are backup lights. LM recently made a 1200 lumen upgrade available for my light for USD150, a great deal from where I sit. I haven't had underwater yet, but compared to my 1K lumen light (now powered by my Blue Heat battery) it looks great inside the house. When I don't need as much light as the UWLD light or when I am not using the BH system, the LM light will be much nicer!

I dove for a while with a 1K lumen light. It was OK for NE USA wreck diving. Then its cord got nicked and it flooded (again) and the manufacturer wanted more than I was willing to pay to have it rebuilt a second time, particularly since they use a cord with thin insulation that cuts easily (grrr....). I got an LM 750 and found it adequate for wreck diving, but just adequate. On the other hand it's been bulletproof. I *like* bulletproof.

I have an UWLD 3500 lumen light now. My other two lights are backup lights. LM recently made a 1200 lumen upgrade available for my light for USD150, a great deal from where I sit. I haven't had underwater yet, but compared to my 1K lumen light (now powered by my Blue Heat battery) it looks great inside the house. When I don't need as much light as the UWLD light or when I am not using the BH system, the LM light will be much nicer!

why step back to the LM instead of just turning the 3500 down? on low it burns at 800 lumen, medium is 2100.

For NE USA wreck diving, why even use a can light?

why step back to the LM instead of just turning the 3500 down? on low it burns at 800 lumen, medium is 2100.

Because it's more compact; I have the large canister for the UWLD light. Also, they will be used together sometimes when I want a backup primary light.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom