In-Water Recompression, Revisited

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While I wrote the post, I did think about nausea and the fact that you wrote earlier about throwing up in a FFM. But I have no experience with that, I just know how to do it through an ordinary reg.

I describe the method I learned in this post: Top Six Reasons why one would want to dive with a Full Face Mask, Post #37

Barfing in a FFM can increase the chance of aspirating chunks. Chunks can also disable your demand regulator. Have protein drinks for breakfast!

A convulsion or seizure is simple: lights out, like the flip of a switch. You won't have any memory of it. So yes, you're completely out of control.
Can you feel it coming? Small chance.

As I understand it, sometimes you get a warning (see VENTID or ConVENTID for the signs). Sometimes you don't. When you do, it may well be like the warning I got when I saw the bicyclist coming at me in my lane in his tuck position as I was riding in a curving underpass--it gave me a chance to scream before impact. On the other hand, that may be all the warning you need. In one famous case, a diver getting such a warning signalled for an air share from a buddy and thus was able to get a safe gas in his mouth with a hand holding it there when he seized.

Schwob what they said ^^^^^^^^

...Have protein drinks for breakfast!

A much clearer picture is forming ... Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom