In what way do you deal with your fin straps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not a fan of spring straps because I can’t determine if they are near to failure visually. I have used electrical tape to secure the bitter-end of the strap since getting my first pair of Jets in 1968 to minimize entanglement risk. A good quality tape like 3M stretched outlasts the strap itself.

I can't say I could always tell when my regular fin straps were going to fail, but I've not had a failure with my spring straps in the five years I've used them. Of course failure may be just a dive away. I have found duct tape worked great on my wings when I needed to protect the tube after a rip occurred in the outer bag.

Spring straps are the way to go.

Being elastic, you can remove and replace them quickly and with ease.

The failure questions are valid. However, inspecting your gear periodically prevents such "unexpected" failures.

I am always looking for a better way of doing things.............
I dive with a set of Jetfins. I lace the strap from outside to the inside of the buckle so the leftover is all on the inside of the strap.......
I know alot of people do "spring straps" and I to may go down that road however I would like to hear from other solo divers about there set-ups. I make a fair amont of my grear, lift bag pocket, pony tank bracket and others as well as do all the services on my rig and air compressor & boat.

Spring straps on all of my open foot fins.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom