Incident at Düsseldorf International Boat Show.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I understand correctly - "It's about a ten-by-six-by-two-centimeter battery," says a fire department spokesman - I don't think this is a typical dive computer.

Edit: Perhaps this is the dive computer size and not the battery size. That would make more sense.

It is a divecomputer, the brand is mentioned in one of the articles. I own an older myself also. And have a Shearwater.

Had a HW computer years ago, since switching to exclusively diving RBs I sold it and my Aladins and now use 4 Shearwaters in my RBs.
Don't like the idea of unventable Li-ion rechargable batteries in anything including my smartphones.

Michael

Not to take away from the fact that dive computers shouldn’t explode but the headline sounds a bit dramatic.

Five people got treated for trauma from the noise of the explosion with one of the five also having minor cuts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom