Inconceivable! It's Ike!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You know Don, interesting that they mention the suspension of tolls. During the evac for Andrew in '92, the toll collectors remained dutifully at their posts collecting tools as the evacuees fumbled for change!

But this really sucks. I still believe (or hope) the storm will skirt the Keys. These American tropical islands have too much history, too many fragile reefs and much unique architecture. They are also very low and exposed. They are also still in large part inhabited by hearty souls (who did not sell out to the wealthy snow birds) who will not be leaving.

Rock on guys.

You know Don, interesting that they mention the suspension of tolls. During the evac for Andrew in '92, the toll collectors remained dutifully at their posts collecting tools as the evacuees fumbled for change!

But this really sucks. I still believe (or hope) the storm will skirt the Keys. These American tropical islands have too much history, too many fragile reefs and much unique architecture. They are also very low and exposed. They are also still in large part inhabited by hearty souls (who did not sell out to the wealthy snow birds) who will not be leaving.

Rock on guys.
I bet someone caught hell for those tolls, and that's why it was mentioned.

New blog entry from Dr Master tonight, unusual for him to post so late - warning of 14 ft storm surge in the Keys: http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=1065&tstamp=200809 Wishing them all the best..!

Could be moving south but if this holds up it ain't good news

at200809_5day.gif

I just had a really good, out loud till I coughed laugh. The all hurricane, all the time, news had the governor, dade and broward mayors and emergency operations managers. There was also a sign language interpreter. Her facial expressions slayed me, stern, happy big smiley, angry, orgasmic, shocked, nurturing, god it was funny. It looked like a saturday night live skit. She was a mime without the face paint.

Let's hope it keeps veering to the south and waits to make the north turn. NIMBY

I just had a really good, out loud till I coughed laugh. The all hurricane, all the time, news had the governor, dade and broward mayors and emergency operations managers. There was also a sign language interpreter. Her facial expressions slayed me, stern, happy big smiley, angry, orgasmic, shocked, nurturing, god it was funny. It looked like a saturday night live skit. She was a mime without the face paint.

Let's hope it keeps veering to the south and waits to make the north turn. NIMBY
Sounds like a clip worth capturing and sharing. Got a link...?

Unfortunately, there's no place good to hope Ike will go. He's gonna be bad on someone even after the Keys, including gas prices from the rigs they're shutting down.

Look.....

I still have no freakin power from the last one that just shot through here. Today I need to figure out how to wire the hot water heater into the generator so I can have some hot water to shower with... oh and then there is the clothes dryer to get hooked in.

After spending a bunch of hot nights in my hot house, I went north to find a generator. I drove 130 miles to Jackson and spent two nights in a hotel so I could shower and have AC.

Now I have to keep buying gasoline to fill the generator which ran out at 1am this morning. Utility power is still up to another week away, probably just in time for Ike to make his appearance.

Pardon me if I don't want another hurricane in the gulf this year. Thank you very much.

hey, colin! you a kevin smith fan? every time i see this thread, i get the mind pic of the girls jumping out of the back of the van at mooby's in 'jay & silent bob strike back'...

'inconceivable! unbelievable!' hee hee hee!

if you're not, you should be. start at the beginning with 'clerks' and end with 'clerks 2'. it's a movie with a donkey show - what's not to love?

can be zoomed out or scrolled to find all the storms

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom