Increasing conservatism with Decoplanner/VPM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gordon the DIR Fisherman?

Gideon is a great instructor, very skilled in the water. I imagine you'll have a great time.

Yeah I'm looking forward to it... one of my friends is doing his GUE IDC or something and he asked me to join the class - he knew I was interested already. So it's the perfect opportunity

I'll set up my spare doubles with my 40# Evolve wing & going to take my 21w Halcyon HID. So I will be equipped to try for a Tech pass, but not fussed either way really. Might even wear a long wetsuit!! lol

I'll post a course report & some pix when I'm done

So, on the decoplanner conservatism topic... I did about 16 dives on my trip, but 6 of them were GUE-F and <10m (will post a course report later) and some were rec dives <30m and a few skills dives <25m as DM on my friend's Deco Proc course... so, I did all of 3 deco dives for the trip

Basically I followed the DP run time (on 2 conservatism) but padded the 6m stop up to 10 minutes and then did a 6 minute ascent, staying on O2 until the 2m stop before switching to backgas. Worked fine as far as the logisitics went

DCS-wise 2 dives were fine, but I had shoulder pain (left shoulder this time) after the third dive for 2-3 hours. I dunno, maybe it really was just regular shoulder pain this time

Will experiment more next trip in October - had some interesting chats with the GUE guys during lunch breaks about Tech 2-style deco and might adopt some of their methods

Back
Top Bottom