Incredible Expedia Sale!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

judydivescoz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
i rarely stay in a hotel while in Cozumel but I am traveling with a friend who likes to stay in an oceanfront hotel. Just booked Hotel B on Expedia for less than $400 for 8 nights including all taxes with breakfast! Booked for Carnival. Stayed there last year with this friend, it was nice and we payed much more! Looked like there were a few hotels on sale. Might be worth making an early reserervation for winter!

Nice find. Kayak is quoting $92/night for Hotel B, but Hotels.com is offering it at $42/night, Feb 21-Mar 1, right before Lent, plus tax = $397. Free continental breakfast for 2.

Doesn't Carnival usually go for more?

With my curiosity aroused, I peeked at fares from Lubbock for 6-9 night stays, no overnight flight itineraries, for a few periods of comparison...

Oct: Several of $372, then various fares in the $400s & 500s - some dates not available. Mostly they want to get something for the empty seats on planes they are committed to fly.

Nov: Mostly $440, some $535, the day before Thanksgiving $1,614!

Dec: $440 for the first couple of weeks, then various fares in the $500s to over $,1000!

Jan: All $440

Feb: Almost all $440, except for original flights the two middle weekends at $535. Airlines keep the best records and employee the best mind readers, so they know when Carnival is - but? Carnival is the week before the start of lent, right? The last week of February?

Mar: Mostly $535? Is that a spring break effect? Or just trying to ease into increases?

Apr: All $630! What are they thinking? No one is going to plan a trip for April now, so deal with it later?

Jun: $630-634! Maybe they're just hedging against possible fuel cost increases?​

For all the decades since deregulation that I've been shopping fares, they get increasing challenging for me to understand.

Last edited:
Carnival is 2/22-2/28. Air is under $400 for our dates. This might end up being one of the least expensive trips to Cozumel in years! Looking forward to Carnival 2017!

Not seeing any of this available now, maybe they changed it? What dates exactly were working for those prices? Everything is about $100 a night.

Not seeing any of this available now, maybe they changed it? What dates exactly were working for those prices? Everything is about $100 a night.
When do you want it? Hotels.com still shows it for Feb 21-Mar 1.

Not that I am looking for a hotel but I checked Hotels.com yesterday and today for that date range (2/21 - 3/1) and I keep coming up with $111 a night. Just curious as to why the difference's.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160831-111239.png
    Screenshot_20160831-111239.png
    248.9 KB · Views: 64
upload_2016-8-31_11-33-54.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2016-8-31_11-31-23.jpeg
    upload_2016-8-31_11-31-23.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 32
I checked Hotels.com yesterday and today for that date range (2/21 - 3/1) and I keep coming up with $111 a night. Just curious as to why the difference's.
I can only guess that my being logged in might have helped with price. Cozumel B site does show the entire month as sold out, so either they have rooms promised to booking sites - or there may be challenges with overselling. I would book thru Hotels.com then later on, confirm with the hotel, and if that failed - get Hotels.com to troubleshoot.

On the Hotel B site, they are offering 60% discounts thru most of November, but then quote $83.10. It is common for hotels to contract cheaper thru booking sites than direct, otherwise the booking sites won't list them. Hard business.

A couple of things I like about Hotels.com is if I book with them, then find the price lower anywhere else online, they refund the difference. And after staying in hotels for 10 nights even in the $40 range, I can get a free night someplace that may charge 3 times as much. I did have an issue last trip as they promised me a separate living room and coffee maker. I like my room ok, but was still disappointed in the promise not kept. They gave me a 25% refund...!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom