Independent diving in Bermuda for relative novices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ktownhero

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm heading to Bermuda in about 6 weeks for my wedding. I won't have a ton of time to dive, but I'd like to get at least a day of diving in. A friend that will be with me is also a certified diver, so I was thinking perhaps he and I could just rent equipment and head out for either some boat dives (we're renting a boat for the day for my bachelor party) or shore dives.

I was just wondering if anybody has any info on heading out and doing some independent diving on the island either from a boat or shore, and where you might recommend renting equipment/tanks from?

Thanks so much for your help!

That is an interesting question. I am not sure but I think the answer is that you will not find a dive shop who will rent you equipment (tanks in particular) and let you take them offsite to dive on your own. I asked this question a couple years ago from someone who lives on the island and dives occassionally and I believe this was the answer. It may be possible if you have a local diver rent the tanks and equipment but I am not sure that is even possible.

Elbow beach hotel has a shop that will rent out equipment for shore diving. you can dive from the beach right in front of the shop. I'm not sure if they'll let you take the equipment away from there though.

If you are renting the boat from either Grotto Bay or Tucker's Point they both have dive shops so it may be easier to rent equipment from them. If you're renting some other boat it might be a little more challenging - I'd recommend you talk to the person you're renting the boat from.

doubt any will rent you equipment and let you go out on your own.. you can do a shore dive from elbow beach.. any of the shops should be able to help you out with doing a boat dive though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom