Indonesia: Komodo Resort, Wakatobi, Sorido? Land Based Resort Diving HELP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone! My husband and I are planning a 7 night diving holiday over the summer, likely late August, and I am trying to pick a land based operator in Indonesia. Our priority is mind blowing reef, hard, soft corals and colorful fish. We are less interested in shark, manta, etc. but if we can find a location with both it would be a bonus! We are looking for a luxury/semi-luxury (I realize this is relative in Indonesia!) land based diving operator and we're coming and going from Bali or through Jakarta (if going to Sorido). We are fine traveling from the resort to the dive sites over an hour or longer if the reef is that good, but would prefer to have shorter trips if possible. I was really interested in Misool but they are not operable that time of year. I have read a ton of threads on the different areas but most of it related to liveaboard diving which we are not interested in this time around. I do not feel so confident in any given direction regarding the resort diving. I was wondering if anyone has been to all three of these resorts, and can offer any insight into the differences regarding the diving specifically? I feel I have a pretty good handle on the differences between the areas in general, but trying to figure out, if diving from one of these resorts, which has the best diving re: what we are looking for? Have I missed any other resorts I should consider?
Thank you so much!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom