Indoor Diving in Germany

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uboettger

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Since I know that there are some users who are interested in scuba diving in Germany - being here on a business trip, for the military or for other reasons - here are two suggestions for indoor diving in Germany - especially for the winter months.

If you are looking for a quick chance to jump into warm water for a couple of hours you can use indoor diving centers in Siegburg (close to Cologne/Bonn) or in Rheinbach (same area). Here are the links:

Dive4Life GmbH :: Indoor tauchen in Siegburg - Portrait

Indoor-Tauchen | Indoor-Tauchzentrum im monte mare bei Bonn

The one in Siegburg has a depth of about 20 meters, the one in Rheinbach of about 10 meters. Both are part of public pool/wellness installation including pools, saunas and restaurants. The one in Siegburg is connected to a hotel as well. You can rent equipment, do training courses, test your own equipment or brush up your skills before going on a diving trip.

Unfortunately both web pages are in German only. If you have questions or if you need advice how to make reservations let me know - just send me PM.

That looks like fun. Unfortunately I never get over to Bonn. Are there any others around. Say near Berlin, Frankfurt, or Munich?

Steve, if you are in Frankfurt at the airport it is a 90-minute car ride to Siegburg. That is not really far.

There is no heated indoor diving facility around Berlin, as far as I know. The one that they had been planned for Frankfurt (in Darmstadt) never made it out of the planning drawer and got cancelled in 2013.

In Munich there is Diver's INDOOR with a water temperature of 23 degrees:

Home - DIVERS Indoor Tauchsportzentrum -

But they have a number of bad reviews at taucher.net. Their maximum depth is 5 meters. I don't know ... I prefer Siegburg :)

Last edited:
Do these centers insist on medical certificates? If yes, can anyone recommend an English-speaking doctor near Frankfurt?

Most of us have dreamed of winning the lottery. My dreams if I did were to build a really cool indoor pool and training center like one of these.

@DuBa:

The Dive4Life place does not require a medical certificate but the usual medical statement. No, I never wanted to become pregnant ...

I spent a few hours in the Seiburg facility last year playing with a rebreather. It was a lot of fun... and the water was warm! The food and beer in the hotel restaurant wasn't bad either!

Would certainly recommend you make the effort to visit if at all possible.

@lucca brassi:

The Gasometer place in Duisburg is definitly worth a trip but they don't have heated water. These days it is cold as ... [insert word of your choice here].

Back
Top Bottom