Inflator Elbow Positioning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I let a friend try my rig out last week. I set it up on her tank and she took one look at it, questioned it, and when I explained to her it was a complete non-issue, she said, "Okay, let's dive!" We did the dive, and guess what?!?! She didn't notice it....it is a non-issue.

Honestly, I'd never even really given a second thought about having the inflator hose directly in the center. I never thought to question it because I never had any issues with it, nor did any of the people I've read about or talked with.

The question is valid....but I think the whole thread has blown some stuff out of proportion. Tobin really thinks his stuff through....he's not the type to make a product that's identical to another one (he always improves on something, or just doesn't waste his time with copying something that doesn't need much/any improvement). His reasoning makes sense....I had never thought about it before.

I only have 400 dives or so on DSS wings, so probably not as much experience as most posting here, but I've NEVER had an issue with the center-mounted inflator. Oh well...

Well, it is a bit more than my 165 dives, if it makes you feel any better. However, we are up against some people who took a passing glance at the wing one time at a dive site. So by default SB rules we lose this argument.

Yes, I was a bit concerned about the center elbow design as well. It has been a total non-issue for me.

I don't log my dives but I probably have 200 or so on it without it ever getting in the way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom