Inflator Line

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tablets

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking on your website and didn't see longer corrugated inflator hose. I was wonder if you sell them. The 13 inch corrugated inflator hose is a little short for me. It sits almost right on top of my shoulder. My previous jacket bcd setup, I had about 18 inch corrugated inflator hose. I could just swap them out I guess, but would like to keep the jacket bcd as backup. Can they be swapped out? I didn't check the size but just by a visual look, they look similar in size.

---------- Post added April 3rd, 2015 at 12:16 PM ----------

Zeagle sells just the corrugated line. If you guys don't sell them, would that line fit?

Scuba Diving Equipment Shop Online | Zeagle Express

Last edited:
there in a philosophy that the proper location is very like what you are experiencing, and IIRC, Tobin believes that. If you want longer options, places like DGX would be options. You can but just the hose, hose and elbow, or hose, elbow and inflator. Keep in mind, you might need to get a different inflator hose to keep everything aligned happily.

I was looking on your website and didn't see longer corrugated inflator hose. I was wonder if you sell them. The 13 inch corrugated inflator hose is a little short for me. It sits almost right on top of my shoulder. My previous jacket bcd setup, I had about 18 inch corrugated inflator hose. I could just swap them out I guess, but would like to keep the jacket bcd as backup. Can they be swapped out? I didn't check the size but just by a visual look, they look similar in size.

---------- Post added April 3rd, 2015 at 12:16 PM ----------

Zeagle sells just the corrugated line. If you guys don't sell them, would that line fit?

Scuba Diving Equipment Shop Online | Zeagle Express

The corrugated hose we furnish is much shorter than the hose that you typically find on a jacket BC.

That doesn't automatically mean it's too short, it may just mean it's different from what you are accustomed to.

As long as you can turn your head to orally inflate it's good. Keep in mind that where the hose hits you standing on dry land is not where it will be in the water.

Also you may have you plate and or wing too low on the back plate.

I'd really suggest you dive it a couple times before changing out anything.

With a Extra Long pattern Plate you may need a longer hose, but very few divers actually do. If so give me a call.

Tobin

Last edited:
I'll try it out before changing. It's much shorter then what I'm used to. I can reach it to orally inflate, but I need to turn it slightly and the turn is a little sharp and stiff. I do have the wing positioned in the top hole to give me more length. The plate lines up right around the top of my shoulder blades so it's not terribly low, close to even with the top of my shoulders. I had to drop it a little so I could line up the waist belt which was riding too high at first.

To reach the buttons to inflate and deflate, I have to keep my arm in a position like I would place my hand on my shoulder and keep it there. It's doable but just not that comfortable.

I'll try it out before changing. It's much shorter then what I'm used to. I can reach it to orally inflate, but I need to turn it slightly and the turn is a little sharp and stiff. I do have the wing positioned in the top hole to give me more length. The plate lines up right around the top of my shoulder blades so it's not terribly low, close to even with the top of my shoulders. I had to drop it a little so I could line up the waist belt which was riding too high at first.

To reach the buttons to inflate and deflate, I have to keep my arm in a position like I would place my hand on my shoulder and keep it there. It's doable but just not that comfortable.

I generally add gas by placing either hand over the inflator with my palm towards my chest and squeezing. I generally dump via the OPV, but you do need to be able to raise the inflator to dump if necessary.

Grab and squeeze works with either Type K inflators (which is what you have on your DSS wing) and on the type that have the oral inflate mouth piece opposite the add button.

Short hoses feel weird at first, but they do tend to "grow" on the people that stick with them, less clutter, stays put, no danglies.

If you do decide to switch give me a call, there are some tricks to changing out the hose and getting the inflator to lay flat on your chest.

Tobin

I see what you mean coming across with your palm down. I does have a good feel to it. It's something I never really tried with my previous setup. I can fully raise the line to dump air with either hand so I'll have to test what works best in water. I have it pretty much completely dry fitted and it feels good to have a snug fit and a clean chest area without the clutter. Now I just need the water temp to get out of the mid 30s and I'll be good to go with a water test. :)

I actually often activate the inflation button by pushing the inflator against the side of my head. It's easier than trying to push the button with dry gloves! Of course, I rarely use the inflator underwater, since I dive dry.

I replaced my my short hose with a Zeagle 15 inch hose with no problems. I also replaced the Dive Rite inflator with the Zeagle BX inflator which comes apart for garden hose cleaning. Also replaced the rubber hose with a braided hose from DGX.

I found with the 13 inch hose I had trouble seeing the connection to the power inflator, so if there was a problem I had to solve by feel. Also with the Zeagle power inflator the inflator hose runs lateral to the corrugated hose which is more natural with my LCD 30 wing, where the elbow attaches to the center of the wing. And of course now my wing is much easier to rinse.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom