Info Needed - Odyssey & Pelagian

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope we'e discussing the Truk Odyssey, but I took a look at the other vessel you mentioned and that looks interesting as well.

Interested in sharing your experiences with us about your trips? I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks

Will be returning to the Truk Odyssey Liveaboard (last trip was Oct 2004), for a back-to-back itinerary 09 thru 24 Dec '07. Excellent accommodations, food and dive ops, Captains Lenny & Cara very knowledgeable and fun hosts. Complimentary use of AL80 Doubles and stage bottles, with no charge for standard Nitrox. Truk Wrecks are absolutely fabulous --not only from a technical/penetration point of view-- but also as their own "mini-Reef" Structure: prolific fish & marine life and the best soft corals I've seen outside of Fiji.

M/V Odyssea is a relatively new boat operation I went on in Dec '06. Good dive ops, with excellent support and catering mostly to Underwater Photographers. Had a long range 12 day extended itinerary, cruising from Lembeh to Halmeherah and finally to Raja Ampat. Recommend instead of a whirlwind tour like this, just take week-long separate individual itineraries to these areas to fully experience the unique features of each (e.g. the muck diving & cool critters in the Lembeh Strait; the abundant, biodiverse and colorful fish life of Raja Ampat etc.)

That's sound real good. I'm targeting 2009 already basically because I have so many places in 2008 I want to dive and already committed to.

I'm just gathering some intel on the various locations.

I've been reading and hearing a lot about the back to back liveaboard trips with the a vessel in Palau and the Odyssey.

I think I would really enjoy doing a trip like that. Thanks for all your information.

Three of us did the Truk Odyssey in 1/07. The boat and crew were excellent; viz ranged from 30' to 100' with most dives on the high end. You really need an advanced cert although we did have one inexperienced diver which the DMs took special care of. They offer large cylinders if you're wooried about air comsumption. A wreck cert is not necessary, but don't penetrate the lower levels of the wrecks without a DM to guide you. We had such a good time, I'm going back in 08.

My suggestion would be to do any extra training before hand. This way you can spend your time looking and not learning.

I have some trip reports on my blog on the Truk Oydessy. There are links to pictures from the Sulawesi Odyssea, never got around to writing up a TR, but it was a good trip, although a week just at Lemba was a bit long.

Jack

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom