Info. on diving in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba65

Contributor
Reaction score
:06: Looking to find out where is the best place in Cozumel to stay at and dive. and what is the best time of yr. to go. any info. would be great. thanks

No one is trying to be rude, or to ignore you. The problem is that there are so many places to stay and so many places to dive in Cozumel that if you ask 10 people you may get 7 different answers. Or possibly 12.

However, there are usually a couple threads a day added to the Cozumel forum on here. Those threads, and the ones in the copious archives could keep you busy reading for weeks. Lots of people post reports as soon as they return from a trip to Cozumel, so those can be great sources of up-to-date information.

There are people that have tried several several hotels, and there are many people that have found a place that they like and they stick to it. You have to take each person's opinions with a grain of salt. Also you need to really think about what is important to you. The place that works great for me would be unacceptable to some others; some of the places that other people love would be of very little interest to me.

Also, there is at least one person on here that says that he needs to stay at a high end place with all meals etc included, plus a big pool and other diversions when he travels with the wife and kids. However, when he is traveling alone, he can stay at a much more modestly priced place.

If I brought the Princess, we would have to stay at a 4-star Hotel. When it is just me and my buddy, I stay at a place that is very inexpensive and very convenient (to me).

BTW, it appears that the general concensus for most people is that the All-inclusives are not always the best deals. Several AI's are said to have only average food, while there are a plethora of very good restaurants on the island. Often times even the people that are paying the higher prices for the AI's end up eating at some of their favorite restaurants while they are in Cozumel.

Dive sites also have wide ranges and different types appeal to different people. Some people hate this or love that, but it really is "to each his/her own".

Ditto for Dive Operators.

Probably the most important thing is to figure out what is really important to you and your group, and then search accordingly.

I hope that helps,

Wristshot

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom