Info on new Belize liveaboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOODMAN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am highly interested in a fairly new liveaboard operation out of Belize City called Tabutne Diving, and was wondering if anyone here has heard of them or has any information on them. The boat is fairly small, ( which is what I want) but I am always leery of any new operation untill I hear from an unbiased source about them. Anyone know anything about them? Woody

Mr Wood - I see with a GOOGLE search two hits. One, a previous post of yours where you emailed them and they said they could get larger tanks than 80 cuft.

In your e-mail, does it infer where the dock and depart from? I could ask some local pals to have a look see.

The other GOOGLE hit I got was from the New Jersey retail dive show, "Beneath the Sea". Apparently the exhibited there.

The only reference there is to an e-mail address, not a website. Even the guy heckling DAN concocted a phony website. I am in no way inferring these guys are not reputable, it's just that if you're intending any sort of business nowadays- let's have a website for goodness sakes!

As far as being an Alpha Tester? Like George Carlin (?) asked... who was that first guy and what was he thinking to put his head under there and get a squirt of cow's milk?

He was either adventurous or maybe he could have had a sour taste in his mouth... or got kicked by the cow.

You may have quite a story to tell.

Last fall, in the Philippines, I met Eric from Houston who told me about his trip in the 1970's aboard the Isla Mia, regarded as the first liveaboard ship. I told him that I only watched her sink in 2002. He had quite the story to tell.

If there's a reason to go to an unknown vendor, I'll do it. In Belize, there isn't a whole lot of reasons to stray from the established purveyors... that I can see, anyway.

Having been aboard many boats, I have to raise an eye brow when somebody quickly lets me know they'll obtain, carry and handle "oversized" tanks as your other post mentioned they promised. If they carry through with that for you, that's a cool operation.

Good luck.

That web page is the one I found when I first started investigating this outfit. I found their ad in the current issue of Dive Training, and everything flowed from there. It LOOKS okay, but man, you just don't know, do you.:06: If any of you have a chance to scope these guys out, I shore would appreciate the info. (Maybe I can get a gig from Undercurrent to check these guys out....:D ) Woody

WOODMAN:
(Maybe I can get a gig from Undercurrent to check these guys out....:D ) Woody

Gaaaaak. :crush:

The new website looks pretty darned good, however! :dance: :babycrawl I really like the HSA page and reference. Great to see!

seems to be associated with Paradise Down Scuba ....according to the website, that is their "land based" op and this must be their liveaboard bit.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom