Inner Tube For Tank Bands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use the legs from old wetsuits. They are very tough and easy to deal with.

I go to my local tire store and get used tubes for free about every 3 to 4 years. I use one size for 40s and another for 80s, 85s, and 95s. I cut them about 2 inches in diameter and sometimes cut a tab into them for ease of hose insertion.

Does anyone have any pictures? I was looking into the is and was thinking about using thicker bungees, but now you all have me thinking...

Does anyone have any pictures? I was looking into the is and was thinking about using thicker bungees, but now you all have me thinking...
This is my pony (AL19) with the ball bungees:
20190121_090818.jpg

Try cutting your innertube so that you have a roughly 3" long tab on it. For the next band that you cut, start cutting it's tab right next to the notch from the first one. You will end up with a longish piece of left-over innertube between each set of bands. Carefully round all your cuts to avoid stress tears during use.

The left-overs are useful stuff, great for securing gear to your harness:
inner tube.jpg

Use these, the $8 version or spring for the deluxe $17 version, which is wider and less likely to lose the hose accidentally. Having the tag makes it much easier, especially if you have to restow a regulator after it's used or if it gets pulled out accidentally.

Dive Rite Hose Retainer, EPDM

Dive Rite Hose Retainer, Deluxe

If you are using bailout, even the deluxe model comes out to less than the cost of a sorb fill.

I love it, but something about it feels wrong. Have you ever had it snag or tangle on stuff?
I haven't had any issues.. but I also haven't been near serious snag hazards. The ball itself has no sharp corners to hangs on stuff, and can wobble freely, so I would expect things to just roll off.

Respectfully,

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom