inner tube

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishballer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
what's the purpose of it?

i just received my order yesterday and i was playing around with it, trying to rig the harness.

Comfort! You make a figure 8 out of it and slip your arms through it with the crossed part behind you. It doubles as a safety device if you put the stem around your left shoulder (you have to use your tooth just right to push the valve in).

OK - seriously, its to hold stuff still on either the harness (tuck tuck) or on the inflator hose to hold LP inflator hose to the corregated one. With whats left you can entertain a cat with by sticking the regulator in one end and pushing the purge valve! :D

fishballer:
what's the purpose of it?

i just received my order yesterday and i was playing around with it, trying to rig the harness.

You should have three pieces, and the instructions indicate where the loops should be installed.

The inner tube loopsbelow the drings on the shoulder straps are to restrain the lower end of backup lights, and piece above the left dring is to constrain the LP hose, not the corrigated hose. Some will also add a bungee loop at the dring to constrian the inflator.

Tobin

ahh....got it.

thanks for the info.

now i just gotta go and buy some snapbolts to keep everything from flailing around.

Back
Top Bottom