Innovative Scuba Concepts retractable lanyard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

njdivedog

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi! Just joined ScubaBoard and would like some advice. I have a 6 year old (give or take) Innovative Scuba Concepts retractable lanyard that is "stretched out"....string will not retract completely. I have about 400 dives using this thing, so can't complain. But I am basically cheap and like to tinker with my gear. Is there a way to open it up to repair it? There are several small "screw holes", but don't seem to be any screws in them. I may be out of luck, but figured it was worth a try. Thanks.

Hello!!

I ran into the same problem after time they just give up and the spring does not hold it's torque or pull back power....

I just went all surgical tubing.. It seems strange, but you will be surprised how many useful things you can make out of it w/ some zip ties..for just a few pennies..

Dive safe

Thanks. I just hate to give up on it. But zip ties and duct tape are among my best friends!

Back
Top Bottom