INON AD28 mount base for WP-DC35 - First Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwwillia asked: How does the dc35 28ad adapter attach to the bottom of the housing? Can this interfere with the bolt for a strobe tray?​

It does, of course. You will need a slightly longer bolt.

UWdigitalcamera.com :: Conversion lens :: INON 28AD :: 28AD Mount base :: INON 28AD Lens mount base for Canon WP-DC35

This adapter looks like a good solution for mounting the 28AD lenses, since it takes the stress of the lens off the front of the plastic housing.

Personally I prefer the 67mm mount (got lenses for it), but of course some lenses are not available in that mount, just as some lenses are not in either AD or 28AD mount. It seems the only vendor of it is Dyron, and I am having trouble buying it in the USA.

Dyron

Fantasea has a two piece option, one an adapter to convert the DC 35 front to a DC34 front, then a second adapter for DC34 to 67mm. What a mess.
Fantasea EyeDaptor G10-F67 - Underwater Photography - Helix Camera & Video
Fantasea EyeDaptor S90 - G Series- Underwater Photography - Helix Camera & Video

The 67mm mount is less convenient than bayonet type mounts. But I shoot mostly macro stuff and I have a specific target for my next trip: Pygmy seahorses. They seem to be deep so there is not a lot of time for fiddling lenses (10-20 minutes) anyway. So I will setup on the boat for macro the whole dive, no task loading and all that. 67mm should be fine.

Today I will cobble an adapter from a step ring and post the results.

28248_405120530597_553430597_4985366_8114130_n.jpg

with grip tray and storbe

Where do I get the longer screw for a strobe base? Also I used a Sea&sea cable so I just cut one end off? and slid it through the inon part?

Where do I get the longer screw for a strobe base? Also I used a Sea&sea cable so I just cut one end off? and slid it through the inon part?

When you say "strobe base" are you referring to the screw that fits through the bottom of the tray, through the inon mount, and then into the bottom of the camera housing? Or are you specifically referring to the screw that goes through the strobe mount into the bottom of the strobe? Your strobe mount should have come with the proper screw to mount the strobe and no screw other than the one that came with it should be used as it can damage the strobe.

sorry screw to go through the tray and the base mount to the canon housing.

Any of the major underwater photo equipment retailers should be able to set you up with one. If you can't find one in Canada, try either Reefphoto or Optical Ocean Sales in the US.

under adapter have screw for hold with strobe tray but.. i need to check which one support...
but i have use with inon d4 and m1 ... i think ulcs tray support too

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom