Inon D2000, Canon S80, Inon macro lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BCwoo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I use a Canon S80 in a Canon housing, Inon D2000 strobe and Inon macro lens.

For the S80, shld I install the magnet on the D2000 to turn off the Advanced Cancel Circuit Switch ? I have read the Inon manual many times but cant make it out:confused:

I find it hard to achieve focus when using the macro lens. (I zoomed a little to avoid the vignetting). Can I use more zoom with this lens ? use manual focus ? move the camera to & fro ? Been disappointed with results and not motivated to practice more. Hopefully some advice wld point me in the right direction.:shakehead:

Thanks
BC

It is tricky using the UCL macro lens from Inon. I achieved the best results when only zooming enough to avoid the vignetting and then varying the camera distance to the subject until the camera was able to get a good lock. I never had much luck with the manual focusing on a P&S camera with that macro lens.

Other suggestions are to manipulate the focus point on the screen to the exact place you want to focus and make sure you have enough light to obtain a lock.

Back
Top Bottom