Inon Fiber Optic Adapter for Canon G10/WPDC28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajunkee

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just finished fabricating a sync cord mount for my Canon WP DC28 housing. I used a plastic gutter coupling and some velcro purchased from a local home improvement store. Spent $8 USD Check it out!

-Ericson

Attachments

• IMG_0867.JPG
    IMG_0867.JPG
    174 KB · Views: 632
  • IMG_0868.JPG
    IMG_0868.JPG
    172.7 KB · Views: 568
  • IMG_0870.JPG
    IMG_0870.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 564
Excellent work, very clever for you, hope it works great, I am sure that it will.

BTW, for those housings that accept Inon AD adapters the adapter comes with the deflector to accept the optical cable or at least mine did on my DC-12 and Oly case. Now for my Ikelite case I made an aluminum deflector much like your PVC deflector.

My Ikelite with home made deflector and Inon optical adapter:

DSCF0006-4.jpg

DC-12 with AD adapter, fisheye lens and supplied optical deflector:

DSCF0125.jpg

Here you can see the supplied Inon adapter on the Oly housing:

DSCF0117.jpg

The Inon "Clear View System," do you use that? It is essentially a piece of developed slide film over the strobe tube on the camera. The Inon strobe only needs infrared light to trigger and the slide film only passes the infrared and blocks all visible light. My concern is the warning in the camera manual not to place anything over the strobe but, that said, so far, my cameras have not blown up.

N

Yep Nemrod,

I still have the deflector, but couldn't figure a good way to mount it to the housing. And I use the clear view system as well. No problems at all. I had it on my old cameras: Canon S40 & S70... do you know of any good film replacements? I accidentally gave mine away when I sold the previous two cameras.

I was hoping to take it out diving today, but the swells were just too high today.

-eR

Yes, go to a photo development store, most larger cities have at least one even in the digital age and ask for the end from a piece of developed slide film. Or, purchase some slide film and expose it, just pull it out in a normally lit or outdoor shade and then wind it back into the canister and have it developed and then you have a lifetime supply. Warning, color negative film will not work, it must be slide film, color positive film. If anyone can add to this please do so.

N

Yes, go to a photo development store, most larger cities have at least one even in the digital age and ask for the end from a piece of developed slide film. Or, purchase some slide film and expose it, just pull it out in a normally lit or outdoor shade and then wind it back into the canister and have it developed and then you have a lifetime supply. Warning, color negative film will not work, it must be slide film, color positive film. If anyone can add to this please do so.

N

Sweet, I'll do that.

Thanks,
-eR

Just finished fabricating a sync cord mount for my Canon WP DC28 housing. I used a plastic gutter coupling and some velcro purchased from a local home improvement store. Spent $8 USD Check it out!

-Ericson
hi scubajunkee, i see u posted this a few months ago... can u share some experience how this works out underwater? i hv been struggling with this housing and a Fantasea flash for more than a year, and as i am planning to go for Inon, i would like to get some feedback first:
1) i always got some "snow" on my pics, so i covered the housing around flash by black duct tape (the diffuser plate was the FIRST thing i lost during first dive with it..). I still got lot of flash (tried against mirror), put more tape, .. i ended up with virtually ALL housing covered in black duct tape. so i wonder how much light your solution lets out.
2) how does it hold in diving? doesn't it come apart in currents or when being tossed around .. ?

thx for sharing and hv a great diving, L.

I had the g7/inon z220 using this type of set up
Reef Photo & Video Support Center - KnowledgeBase - Installing '3M Dual Lock' Style Fiber Optic Sync Cables, works nicely. I do not know where to get just the block to connect the cable.

I just bought the g11 and moving to the z240. I do not know how i will connect it,yet.

The setup you referred to in the link is how I will be attaching the cable from my Inon s2000 to the housing for my canon G10. I will be taping developed slide film over the camera's flash too.

I'm taking off for Lembeh on 12/21... hope you get a chance to post your stuff before I leave!

hi scubamarc,

nice pics.. i liked the one with the shark entering wreck, sent link to friends and one came up with nice title for it, "Tickets please!" :blinking:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom