Inon s2000 atach to arm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Raphus

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey, got another question about my new setup.

I have a tg6 and ordered a inon 2000 strobe with the inon arm as a complete set.

16101896864714239201020052282304.jpg

Looks good so far.
Now i want to atach the strobe to the arm.
But it seems like the screw is to short. Or iam doing something wrong.

This is the strobe with the atachment point:
IMG_20210109_115002.jpg

IMG_20210109_115020.jpg

I cant screw it into because the screw is not long enough, when i use the two placeholders(dont know the English name, the metal parts between the screw and the plastic.

But it works, when i put it on the other site. So the metal rings are between the strobe and the atachmentpoint. Not between the screw and the atachmentpoint.
This seems to be wrong, but now it is long enough so it can be screwed in. Looks like this:

IMG_20210109_115134.jpg

When screwing in it (of course) is doing strange noise, because the screw is in direkt contact of the plastic.

Does anyone of you got the same setup and confirm this is how it should be?

Then another short question: was the pt059 cable adapter part of the pt059? Or do i need to buy it extra? I can not find that adapter, but readed, that it should be included in the housing package.

Thanks!
One day my setup will be done and i will finally be able to make photos

There should not be a washer (Scheibe in German) between the strobe and ball joint. You must ensure that screw is correct length, especially if it is too long you run the risk of punching a hole and flood it later. Measure the distance and buy the correct length screw from hardware store nearest.

You need to purchase pfca-03 adapter.

There should not be a washer (Scheibe in German) between the strobe and ball joint. You must ensure that screw is correct length, especially if it is too long you run the risk of punching a hole and flood it later. Measure the distance and buy the correct length screw from hardware store nearest.
Thanks.
The screw was the one delivered by inon.
Its strange that it is too short.

The washer both fit perfectly between the strobe and the ball joint. There is a gap for both washers, thats why i tried it out.
But i agree, that it makes no sense.

I just wonder, why inon sends a screw that is 2 mm to short?

Hmm, you know, I think I can see the problem after zooming in to your photos. There is a blind nut at the back, where the screw goes in. Yours looks to me displaced and further back. This must be the plastic cracking sound you hear. It should look like this:
B7F04A74-EC03-4474-B31E-08146174EA73.jpeg

That could be the problem. I will send a better photo, when i am home.

Did you use the two washers, which were included?

I have several inon strobes but all have aftermarket joints, not the original. None have a washer, the one in the picture has self made plastic spacer.

I have several inon strobes but all have aftermarket joints, not the original. None have a washer, the one in the picture has self made plastic spacer.

Here some photos.
The joint is metal, i did remember it wrong.

I placed the washers in the place where they fit perfectly. Its the space between the joint and the strobe. It does fit so good, that i am not sure if its really wrong.i made a photo of the 2 washers(first pic)
Let me know your opinion please:

IMG_20210109_191928.jpg
IMG_20210109_191832.jpg
IMG_20210109_191840.jpg

I have never seen washer installed there. I think same ball joint can be used for several strobe models hence manufacturer probably provided few washers. Have a look at INON S-2000 Strobe [Options] I see no washers there. I think you are worrying too much. It will hold, o ring is there to dampen the vibrations so that it will not come loose, if you put there washer, it is more likely to loosen over time.

I have never seen washer installed there. I think same ball joint can be used for several strobe models hence manufacturer probably provided few washers. Have a look at INON S-2000 Strobe [Options] I see no washers there. I think you are worrying too much. It will hold, o ring is there to dampen the vibrations so that it will not come loose, if you put there washer, it is more likely to loosen over time.
Ok so i will just remove the washers. Thank you!

Ok so i will just remove the washers. Thank you!
examine the blind nut after you have screwed in the bolt but not tightened it. It should not touch the housing. This is in the manual:
INON.JPG

make sure the bolt does not touch the case.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom