Inon S2000 or the Sea&Sea YS-01?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My S& Strobes do not automatically turn off, so I am unsure what issue you are having.
In the YS-01 user manual, Page E-10:

"When 30 minutes has passed from turning on the power, or last emission of the strobe, the power will turn off automatically (auto power-off). When turning on the power again, set the mode switch to [OFF] before setting the desired mode."

It has gotten me more than once.

In the YS-01 user manual, Page E-10:

"When 30 minutes has passed from turning on the power, or last emission of the strobe, the power will turn off automatically (auto power-off). When turning on the power again, set the mode switch to [OFF] before setting the desired mode."

It has gotten me more than once.

Ah, I don't shoot YS-01's, so I don't deal with that.

My YSD1 does the same. Inons stay on until the batteries go dead.
Bill

Another consideration is that the slave sensor on the INON is much more sensitive than that on the S&S strobes, much more likely to work with a weak signal. I have seen INON to S&S adapters around the place, they have a screw on section for the INON and you push the S&S adapter into it, so that gets around the new cable requirement.

Both, Sea&Sea and Inon don't work with the Anglerfish slave trigger and a homemade optical cable. For both the China/Ali express cables don't work.
Directly on the camera the most easy selfmade cables work, but the Anglerfish slave trigger only gives a weak led signal, so the original cables are needed.

The screw on method of Inon cables is stronger, you only have now a push in connection on the slave trigger. This means 50% less change of pulling the cable out by accident (and yes, this happens when cave diving. This is a + for Inon.

Depth, 100m vs 75m. As I dive sometimes over 75m and sometimes over 100m, another + for Inon.

Speed, Inon has a faster recycle time. Sadly, you really see the difference sometimes. The Inon flashes, the seasea you have to wait. Another + for Inon.

Amount of flashes out of 1 set batteries: I never had problems with Sea&Sea, but on paper the Inon is again better. I will say +/- for Inon.

Auto-off. Really annoying with Sea&Sea on some dives. So another + for Inon.

Battery compartment and O-rings. I like the design of Sea&Sea more, but don't know if there is a real difference in durability.

Price, The older Sea&Sea was way much cheaper. But not available anymore (it was when I started the topic, 1 week later it was sold out everywhere). The new Solis is much more expensive than the S2000. I have to buy a new original cable too, then the price for the Solis or the S2000 is the same. I asked if they could do something with the price of the Solis, but till now no answer. If there is no answer coming, I think I know what I want to buy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom