• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Inon z-330 battery level indicator?

Discussion in 'Strobes and Lighting' started by athigunk, Jan 15, 2020 at 3:15 AM.

1. athigunk

athigunk BKK Divers

Hello, I have tried finding the answer to this on Google but no luck.

Do you guys know where the battery indicator on the Inon z-330 strobe is and/or how to read it? Basically, I just want to know when I need to change my battery so it won't die in the middle of my dive.

Thank you in advance.

2. Chris Ross

Chris Ross Barracuda

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I seem to recall a review that mentioned that it was not all that accurate. NiMH batteries have a fairly flat voltage curve that drops suddenly when empty so it is rather difficult to estimate state of charge from any sort of voltage reading.

3. PHIL RUDIN

PHIL RUDIN Scuba Media & Publications

# of Dives:
    No remaining power indicator on the Inon Z330 or on just about any other U/W flash.

athigunk likes this.
  4. davehicks

davehicks Barracuda

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    I routinely shoot 300+ photos on a set of EneloopPro batteries on the 330. Most at 1/2 power or so. If I have the time, I'll swap the cells after 2 dives. Depending on the dive location, I probably average at least 100 pics per dive. But sometimes when around fast action like sharks or sealions I may shoot 250 pictures in an hour. I've never fully exhausted my Inon 330's.

So track your shots, make sure you start every dive day with fully charged batteries. If there is any question you might need them, bring a second set of batteries to swap out.

athigunk likes this.