Insider Info and Directions to Venice beaches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey SharkWatcher,
Thanks for being so nice and speaking with me this morning at the Spanish Rocks Clean Up day. My wife, 6 month old son and myself just moved to Bradenton from High Springs, Fl. this past week. We are both excited about getting into the water and checking new places out.
I'll use your directions and go see for myself what it's like, again, Thank you. It's people such as yourself that makes something new enjoyable.

Hi Eric, it was a pleasure meeting you today. I'm sure we'll see plenty of each other around.

Hey SharkWatcher,
Thanks for being so nice and speaking with me this morning at the Spanish Rocks Clean Up day. My wife, 6 month old son and myself just moved to Bradenton from High Springs, Fl. this past week. We are both excited about getting into the water and checking new places out.
I'll use your directions and go see for myself what it's like, again, Thank you. It's people such as yourself that makes something new enjoyable.

I'd have to agree. Mike is pretty alright fella. :)

New to Board... so sorry if not posting in right area... Caught the "fossil bug" and was diving Alhambra... great dive this weekend.... Found the "blocks" and about 100 teeth, but nothing over 2 inches... to get Megs... go further out than the block area, or was I just missing them? Bottom line... Where are the megs at Alhambra? By the way, not complaing about the teeth I found... great teeth and the blocks at Alhambra are beautiful--- so many colors and life!

Here is to life... Now, where are the teeth? :)

Congrats on your first shark tooth dive and a sucessful one too. Megs are where ya find them, and not in one "special spot"just keep moving and keep looking. BTW in the future post your dive reports in the dive report thread http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ve...65-dive-reports-beach-weather-conditions.html . This thread is for posting directions and info on dive sites.

thanks for the info i live in englewood and used to shark fish at sharkys. once im certified im going to hopefully be spending alot of time at these beaches. id love to find some meg teeth.

SERVICE CLUB PARK
Using the directions to Alhambra, continue south on South Harbor Dr for about 1 mile. Directly across from the airport is Service Club Park.
Ammenities: Paved parking, showers, restrooms, picnic tables and a boardwalk to the beach, grills

Site directions: Take a heading of 250 degrees from the boardwalk steps and swim out until you're even with the pier (about 100 yards) drop down into 15' of water. Teeth are found in this general area. Swim west about 50 yards and you'll come to a nice coquina reef full of fish. Past the reef is an area of black sand that always holds fossil teeth, including some nice megs. About 200 yards farther out on the same 250 heading is the culvert artifical reef (about 1 acre of 4 ft culverts laying around and stacked). Lot of fish here but this is also a popular fishing spot so there is always a risk of accidental hooking and entanglement.

Cons: small parking area and lack of good beach access for launching kayaks (the boardwalk ends with several steep steps which would be difficult to haul a yak up and down with or w/o carts).

Service Club Park for the win.

My wife and I have dived there three times now and we dig it.

< cue rim shot >

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom