Inspiration supplies and Hydrostatic testing in FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GoProHonduras

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi,

I'll be up in Fort Lauderdale in 2 weeks.

1) Whilst there I need to get my 2 tanks from the Inspirtation CCR hydrostatically tested, does anyone know a facility where I could get this done in about 48-72 hours?

2) Also does anyone know of a supplier where I could pick up Sofnolime and filter scrim?

Thanks in advance.

GoProHonduras:
Hi,

1) Whilst there I need to get my 2 tanks from the Inspirtation CCR hydrostatically tested, does anyone know a facility where I could get this done in about 48-72 hours?

2) Also does anyone know of a supplier where I could pick up Sofnolime and filter scrim?

Thanks in advance.

You can get the tanks tested @ Fill Express. There located just to the north. I'm not sure if they have lime. Reasonably sure they don't have scrim.

GoProHonduras:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

If the tanks are DOT stamped there are several testers in the area. IF they are not DOT tanks you have a problem. The DOT testers are prohibited from stamping non-DOT bottles, and may even be prohibited from pressurizing them unless YOU can provide the manufacturer's testing certification procedure. Even then they won't be able to restamp it, but they can provide a copy of the test data. This may be enough for your insurance if Honduras doesn't require hydros. Many carribean nations don't and as a result there are no facilities to do them. I ran into this when living in the Bahamas. We had to ship tanks back to the states for hydro before they could be used off of a US Navy operated facility. The shop we found, after calling about 4 retesters, up in the Vero Beach area picked up 80+ tanks at the dock and delivered them back to us 3 days later fully tested and dried. We did the VIPs, valve rebuilds and cleaning once we got them home.

Testers can be located through the DOT's website where they have a list of all approved retesters parsed by state along with contact numbers.

http://hazmat.dot.gov/exempapp/approvals/hydro/hydro_retesters.htm

A bit of time on the phone or net will ease the search and allow you to negotiate turn-around and what you need to supply in the way of test procedure documentation. Most of the retesters can test to ANY spec, if it's provided to them and suitable valve thread adaptors exist in the shop or can be ordered in time. They can only stamp tanks conforming to a DOT spec though.

FT

i have a bunch of scrims and any other parts you may need. I'm waiting on a pallet of sorb, but fill express usually carries that. let me know for sure when you'll be down and I'll leave a couple scrims a fill express for ya...

Mike R
561-523-3530

MikeR:
i have a bunch of scrims and any other parts you may need. I'm waiting on a pallet of sorb, but fill express usually carries that. let me know for sure when you'll be down and I'll leave a couple scrims a fill express for ya...

Mike R
561-523-3530

Hi Mike,

We'll be in Fort Lauderdale from 14th April to 18th, actually I'll probably have to stay back here as it look slike I have an IDC due to start but I'll have my colleaugues stop by. Any chance you could PM me with costs?

Regards,
Andy

PS By the way I've been told of a place in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico that will test tanks with non DOT markings, also a good excuse for a vacation!!!

GoProHonduras:
Hi Mike,

We'll be in Fort Lauderdale from 14th April to 18th, actually I'll probably have to stay back here as it look slike I have an IDC due to start but I'll have my colleaugues stop by. Any chance you could PM me with costs?

Regards,
Andy

PS By the way I've been told of a place in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico that will test tanks with non DOT markings, also a good excuse for a vacation!!!

I just wanted to clarify, Fill Express can get NON DOT tanks hydro'd and stamped. One of the few places that you can get it done in the States.

DepthCharge:
I just wanted to clarify, Fill Express can get NON DOT tanks hydro'd and stamped. One of the few places that you can get it done in the States.

DC,

Now THAT is a great piece of info! Thank you!!! :dazzler1:

Rob

Awesome info!!!!

Thanks,
Andy

Back
Top Bottom