Instructor courses through Underwater Phantaseas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orfreediver

Registered
Reaction score
I have my OW and I am strongly considering starting down the road to becoming and instructor. My passion lies in freediving for the past 8 years but there isn't any money to be made in that area. I have stepped into Underwater Phantaseas and started talking to them about their program.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Derek

I took open water through UWP south and enjoyed it, but I haven't taken any instructor courses through them.

Just wanted to update on how things are going. I now have my AOW and the classroom part of rescue out of the way. I do my open water for rescue at wonderful Aurora res in two weekends and then my EFR the following week. The shop has been great to work with and the instructors have been great to dive with, I plan on staying with them all of the way to instructor.

Just wanted to update on how things are going. I now have my AOW and the classroom part of rescue out of the way. I do my open water for rescue at wonderful Aurora res in two weekends and then my EFR the following week.

That is a backwards way of doing things, also contrary to standards. EFR is a prerequisite for rescue, not something to be done afterwards.

Yeah, I wish they had told me this but five years at the Oregon Coast aquarium and the required DAN training has been a huge help.

Back
Top Bottom