Instructor Exam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rawls

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just wanted to say that I am sitting in a hotel room in Vero Beach, FL and have successfully completed day one of my IE. Only one day left. Tomorrow will be the open water scenarios...I feel much more relaxed since the pool skills are over as well as the exams...especially the standards. I am simply not very fond of PADI's Instructor Manual...Way too busy and IMHO not very well organized...If all goes well tomorrow I will be a newbie instructor...

Congrats on a good job well done so far!

Handy tip for the Instructor manual - separate it out into different folders, makes searching through a lot of text much easier. I had the same problem early on in my training but got used to it after a while so now it's easy. Also the digital manual is handy for searching for stuff - you'll get a copy when you're certified.

Hope all goes well, write back and let us know!

C

Crowley,

Thanks a bunch for the suggestions on the manual. The questions took me many times into the dark reaches of the manual. Once there it took me to it's nooks and crannies. Glad I wasn't in a cave...:)
Anyway...It is Monday morning and I am happy to say I passed all of the open water...It really hasn't sunk in yet. My DM instructor, who also owns the dive shop I will be teaching through, requires a year before she will certify a DM. It was a grueling wonderful experience. So, it has been a long road, and now I have my certification. Once again I am a newbie...

is getting the digital copy if you become an instructor a new thing, I certainly didnt receive one

Scubakevdm:
Get ready for less than optimal viz in the little lake they use up there.

:rofl3: So you know the lake...The lake out in the middle of nowhere yet right next to I-95...Oh...The viz...To put it mildly...We had to stay close together to be seen by the IE instructor...His name is Scott...Can't thing of his last name...Yeah...The OW was pretty much a breeze after the first day...Thanks for the congrats...

Cheekymonkey:
is getting the digital copy if you become an instructor a new thing, I certainly didnt receive one

Since last year - you should get a digital copy of the manual with your Instructor package when you're first certified and then an update with your renewal and first quarter copy of the Undersea Journal. I got mine in April. I'm covered by the Asia Pacific region, so I don't know if it's somehow different in other PADI offices...?

Rawls - congratulations mate. The IDC is a tough course and you deserve to bask in the glow of your achievements! Good luck with your career as an Instructor!! Have a PADI approved adult beverage on my tab! :popcorn:

Crowley:
Since last year - you should get a digital copy of the manual with your Instructor package when you're first certified and then an update with your renewal and first quarter copy of the Undersea Journal. I got mine in April. I'm covered by the Asia Pacific region, so I don't know if it's somehow different in other PADI offices...?

With the IDC you can request either paper or electronic - you dont get both. At least not in Padi Intl area. The updated manual is sent but time varies depending where you are in the world. Padi Intl the january bulletin said it would come with the Q2 bulletin so that'll be June. Each area for some reason is different.

Crowley:
Rawls - congratulations mate. The IDC is a tough course and you deserve to bask in the glow of your achievements! Good luck with your career as an Instructor!! Have a PADI approved adult beverage on my tab!

Crowley...I will send the bill via Asia Pacific:)

Back
Top Bottom