• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Instructor for SDI Solo Diver

Discussion in 'Solo Divers' started by BAMA6977, Jul 10, 2015.

1. BurhanMuntasser

BurhanMuntasser Dive Charter

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    Nemrod,

I may have misunderstood you but I got the understanding from you that you modified your typical setup to make it easier for you during this course, but doesn't this modification defeats the point of you taking the course? Shouldn't you have used the same equipment setup that you normally use so that you get this specialized training on instead of using an easier setup that won't be the setup you will be using when you go back to your own diving after the end of the course? Me thinking that I would want to be trained on my regular setup as I'll be using it not an easier setup that is more convenient during the training but would have no relationship to what I'll actually be using later?

2. Nemrod

Nemrod Solo Diver

Yeah, well, I understand your good point but thing is that I have no "typical" set up. My rig, in each of the training dives, was compliant in all manner with all of the requirements of the solo course and not different from what I might dive at any given time.

I switch back and forth between solo and buddy, double hose and single hose, long hose and short hose and in some cases no hose. Doubles, singles, wet, dry or whatever I have on, weight integrated or weight belt. I use the equipment that suits the dive and my needs of the moment and generally as little of it as possible. My diving style and equipment are very eclectic.

So during my solo course I did as I usually do, switch my gear around to suit my mission.

N