Insulting ad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the new ad is offensive to those who have served this great country because the word "invade" is used and yet there is no mention of the United States Military anywhere in the ad.

:deadhorse:
Give it a rest.

Unsubscribing. Good idea :thumb:

I am not surprised that this thread was started. I too served 6 years in the Marine Corps and when I saw this ad, I was of the impression that it was a bad idea but it did not bother me enough to speak up as after I saw it once, I never paid attention to it again.

Now I am sort of surprised by the amount of people who spoke up against the ad.

Oh well, can't please everyone.

:deadhorse:
Give it a rest.

As a person who rests for about 8 hours with each 24 interval or rotation of the Earth around it's axis, I find it very insulting that you have asked me to give it a rest.

It's offensive to anyone who has ever rested, rests on a regular occasion, or will rest at some future time.

I suggest you reword your post.

Provoke or not to provoke. The ad has been changed. I simply took off the initial part of it. I am working on a new campaign that is more in line with my first one (The Wizard of Oz take off).

It's a bit beyond my capabilities, but let me run the concept by you, lest I offend anyone else. It centers around some "Ruby Red Flippers" and the ad repeating "There's no place like Coz!"

The "Replacement" Ad

I liked the little ad better!!!!...... Hell, you used my profile photo in it!.....
Just a thought.... Do I qualify for royalties for the use of my likeness??? :D :D

New Thread.

Here it is, and I am not unhappy with how it turned out:

I like it.... But then I'm in it!.... What's not to like about that! :D :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom