Integrated weights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

captainhook426

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was wondering if there is a possibility of ditch-able integrated weights? Being new to diving I would like to be able to ditch weight in the case I get myself in a bit of trouble.

Thanks

-Sutton

Yes, most integrated weight bcds will have a ditch method
The Zena and Stiletto from zegal have a ripcord system, and the back weights have velcro pulls

What's wrong with using a weight belt?

I strongly suggest you dive that a try, before trying to turn a BP/W system into a jacket BCD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I use a weight belt myself, but there are various weight pockets out there that you can thread onto your harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not found a weight belt that is comfortable for me yet. If you have suggestions on something that would be comfortable, I am down for spending a couple of dollars to be comfortable. Right now I use a 2" nylon belt with about 8 pounds of block weight. It hurts my fat belly and I do not have enough of a waist to keep it up really.

I have the zeagle stiletto which as noted has ditchable weights. I like the pockets of the back inflate. I tried the BP/W but is wasn't for me. If it was the only thing available I know I would have adjusted but :Dit isn't. Certainly to each his/her own. There are ardent supporters of about everything in here. Try several systems, determine what kind of diving you want to do and go with what you like.

Last edited:
nothing wrong with belts, but just another piece to fuss with
Love my integrated bcd no belts for me

Why is the rum always gone

Two suggestions:

First, try a rubber "freediver" weight belt. Either the Trident style with the bale buckle or Maco's with a traditional belt style buckle. The rubber compensates for depth changes, so you don't have annoying loosening of nylon belts.

If that doesn't work out for you, you can try DUI's weight harness system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Weight yourself properly (see "a balanced rig") and you will only require a small amount of ditchable weight. 2-4 lbs pockets on the waist or lower cam bands are small and can be ditched very easily.

Back
Top Bottom