Interceptor121's review of the Panasonic LX100 and Nauticam housing plus ports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interceptor121

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Part 2 on 4K video Nauticam NA-LX100 4K Video Review | Interceptor121 Underwater Photo & Video Blog Simply the LX100 seems to be the best 4K affordable camera for wide angle read details in the post

Pic#3, with the test card (this one) shows heavy CA towards the edges. Did you have the dome lens for the h100 on?

I am looking for the best wide option for m4/3 and considering these:

Panasonic 7-14+dedicated dome port
Panasonic 14-45+Inon H100 wide converter with its dome counterpart

Simple dome ports are far from being the perfect solution, Pawel Achtel's article sheds some light on their issues with large sensors/high resolution,
I am looking for test results, which is better: wet lens or dome.

BTW there is no m4/3 system camera now I'd buy for 4k, the gx8 provides a miserable resolution in video, 1349 lpph (out of 2160), the lx100 might be better here.

Can't get the link to work but the one with ca looking rectilinear is the Inon without dome
For 4K the Sony cameras beat them all. The new Nauticam lens on 14-42 II mega OIS is an alternative to the 7-14mm. I had one on test but had to send it back am waiting for another one. The 7-14mm is soft at the edges the Nauticam WWL-1 it's very sharp across the frame. The Inon is equivalent but not better to the 7-14mm. The difference is that it is a wet lens

Last edited:
Can't get the link to work but the one with ca looking rectilinear is the Inon without domeFor 4K the Sony cameras beat them all. The new Nauticam lens on 14-42 II mega OIS is an alternative to the 7-14mm. I had one on test but had to send it back am waiting for another one. The 7-14mm is soft at the edges the Nauticam WWL-1 it's very sharp across the frame. The Inon is equivalent but not better to the 7-14mm. The difference is that it is a wet lens
Good point, especially reading the GX8 reviews (poor resolution in 4k terms, ~25% crop, that kills wide angle). The WWL-1 looks really interesting - I like the wet lens concept, you can do wide and macro on the same dive. Now it seems we got a capable toy:)Other advantage: if you flood the camera (sry, when...), you loose a ~300$, easy to find lens instead of a 1k$ one:)Theoretical question: would the WWL-1 work with a full-frame body like A7 family?

Big thanks for the WWL-1 test! I'd like to see more of these real analytical tests underwater. From shots squeezed to fullHD (at best...) showing some nice fish in the image center one can't judge the real capabilities of the system.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom