Interested in sharing private transport from Manila to Anilao on April 22, 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leungj2002

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We're flying into Manila on Sunday, April 22, 2012 and would like to head down to Anilao the same day. Our flight arrives at 11:40 am. Our resort in Anilao, Crystal Blue, quoted PHP 4500/one way per 6 passenger van. I'm shopping around to see if I can find cheaper transport but it sounds like $100 each way is the going rate. Since there are only 2 of us, we can fit 4 more passengers in the van. We are heading back to Manila on Thursday, April 26, 2012 early morning to catch an 11:30 am domestic flight. Is anyone interested in sharing transport on April 22nd from Manila to Anilao or on April 26 from Anilao to Manila?

I certainly would not pay such a ransom. Take the public transport as you have plenty of time.
Your domestic flight on 26th is 11:30 so you won't be doing much diving the day before. I would be tempted to finish the dive before 12 noon on 25th and leave for Manila.

I wonder if you could hitch on with a group going to Puerto Galera. You could ride as far as Batangas City with them and then have Crystal Blue pick you up there?????? That might be more economical.

I have done the public transportation route before and if you have luggage with you it becomes quite the challenge.
Taxi from the airport to the bus station and then to Batangas city is okay, but then taking a Jeepney from there to Buan or Mabini, then transfer to another Jeepney onward to Anialo is well how do I say this, interesting.
Now the buses are nice, AC, (maybe to much AC), and comfortable, no bathrooms so watch your fluid intake.
Jeepney for a tall person are cramped, always crowded and you will want to stay with your luggage at all times.
If you miss the Jeepney in Mabini, you can alway take a trike from Mabini town over to Anialo. About 20-25 pesos.
There was a guy who started a transport business who posted here a while back from Manila-Anialo, might do a search and see if he is still doing the trips.
Good luck and have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom