Interesting development from Henderson

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everything about it sounds good except the one thing they didn't mention; price. What will it cost? If there's a premium over a 'normal' Henderson wetsuit, what will it be? Since Henderson has various lines, the next question is what to compare it to? I think it was said somewhere in the video it's as comfortable as anything they have now, and insulates well. One of the perks of higher-end Henderson wetsuits is how much stretch the material has, so how much stretch this has will be important.

Even if there's no difference in effective price, if this is equivalent in features and price to their most expensive wetsuit line, that could limit adoption a bit.

Expected to be available Fall this year. Any word on cost, anybody?

Richard.

Leisurepro has them preorderable for $300 ish.

Yes, you have to pay for greenprene, are you surprised? Perhaps the cost is worth it? I will consider this for my next wetsuit purchase. My current wetsuits are all Henderson, Thermoprene or Thermoprene Pro.

In the video they do not seem to fit real snug like neoprene as the divers weren't struggling to get into them. Is that for real as I just hate getting into my 7mm.

In the video they do not seem to fit real snug like neoprene as the divers weren't struggling to get into them. Is that for real as I just hate getting into my 7mm.

i noticed that too. Seemed like I’ll fitting almost

Looks like pricing is roughly 5-10% below that of Aqualock, the highest price tier for Henderson. (with the possible exception of the Talon "made to order" in USA suit)
So at least it doesn't bump up into an even higher price point.

Do they have a green drysuit!? I love the idea of a sustainable product that utilizes waste material. I cant always afford it, but i support when i can.

OK, green is good.

But given total life-cycle environmental "cost" (materials, production, and all transport: materials in and finished good out to consumers) I wonder what the net environmental "savings" is? And what if it only lasts 3/4 as long as a traditional neoprene suit? What does that do to the net environmental impact equation?

Sometimes green is more about green-backs.

Skeptical ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom