Interesting Luna "feature"......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mitchell Teeters

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Diving at about 35-45 feet last Saturday I tried to get a bearing to orientate myself. I guess I pressed the wrong button and went into some sort of dive profile. I don't know, but I do know that when I went to back out the Luna shut down, then gave me a
"Service error 34-4" code, when I restarted then shut down completely causing us to abort the dive. I pulled the battery and reinserted it. Upon restarting is defaulted the date back to the last dive, and we lost the dive. What's up with that?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting - don't think I've seen that one before.

Is the firmware up to date? You might try performing a factory reset with a fresh set of batteries (comp/trans). I would at least give Scubapro a call to decipher the error code. If it happens again you might consider sending it in for a check-up: 800-467-2822

Last edited:
That's a good argument for carrying a backup dive computer. What if you had to do a deco stop?

No argument there. I guess I could buy ANOTHER piece of equipment that costs MORE than all my other equipment combined. LOL

We were diving in our local quarry and I knew the depth we were at. Please don't turn this into something it isn't.

This $600 piece of gear should not have done that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How far into the dive did the error occur? Has the battery been changed recently? If the battery has been changed, was the battery cap reinstalled per the attached picture?
The button functions are dispalyed on page 61 of the owner's manual.
batt plug.jpg

Battery meter on full. Several dives with no issues previously, no water in battery housing. I was not aware I could cause this issue by pressing the wrong buttons. We were about 30 mins into the dive.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

That's a good argument for carrying a backup dive computer. What if you had to do a deco stop?

Absolutely agree!

I too have a Luna, but also use a traditional SPG style hose unit for backup, as well as a dive watch bottom timer.

On a side note; another problem to watch out for on these Galileo units, and another good reason to carry a spare, is strap failure. My Luna slipped off my wrist unnoticed on a dive a few years back. Fortunately I was able to go back and find it, but now I always secure my wrist computer with an additional tie-off.

Absolutely agree!

I too have a Luna, but also use a traditional SPG style hose unit for backup, as well as a dive watch bottom timer.

On a side note; another problem to watch out for on these Galileo units, and another good reason to carry a spare, is strap failure. My Luna slipped off my wrist unnoticed on a dive a few years back. Fortunately I was able to go back and find it, but now I always secure my wrist computer with an additional tie-off.

I fixed the strap issue like this .. click to see post 18. IMO it's a far better solution than the strap it came with. I have a brand new strap for mine that I have not, and will not, use.

I fixed the strap issue like this .. click to see post 18. IMO it's a far better solution than the strap it came with. I have a brand new strap for mine that I have not, and will not, use.

Yep, tried the same arrangement on mine for a while, and other ones too, but eventually decided to put a new "reformulated compound" factory strap on for reasons of comfort. I also have it bungeed to my wrist as well, just in case. The only other problem I've had with it were signal dropouts. I now have it paired with the updated second generation transmitter; been working great so far. Really enjoy diving with it now.

I have a Sol and get signal loss once or twice a dive. It's only for a few seconds and so doesn't inconvenience me... but I am curious about the upgraded transmitter. When did they switch? I wonder if it is possible to upgrade for a reasonable fee--I use the buddy monitor feature too, and that definitely doesn't work as well as I'd like, being very sensitive to range and orientation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom