Interesting tiny twin rig on Craigslist

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Portland (OR) area.
Whether it's decades ago or next week at DEMA,,,,,,,,It's always cool to see pictures of unique and interesting rigs.
I've never seen that topside/UW setup,,,,Thanks for posting it !!

The pressure gauge is not submersible. It is not water-proof and not intended for scuba.

What is even more interesting is the cylinder clamp. That looks like it is intended to be mounted somewhere, not portable.

Maybe it is an emergency breathing device for some kind of vehicle, like maybe in an army tank or other military vehicle.

The red hose is also strange for a breathing device...

The original cylinder hydro dates are from the 50's (one is 9-58), so they are not WW II surplus.

The pressure gauge is not submersible. It is not water-proof and not intended for scuba.

What is even more interesting is the cylinder clamp. That looks like it is intended to be mounted somewhere, not portable.

Maybe it is an emergency breathing device for some kind of vehicle, like maybe in an army tank or other military vehicle.

The red hose is also strange for a breathing device...

The original cylinder hydro dates are from the 50's (one is 9-58), so they are not WW II surplus.
I agree w/Luis. I purchased a …What Alec Pierce and I believe is a pilots sea-ditching life-saving device….printed in German. Listed on eBay as SCUBA….definitely NOT SCUBA. ..an interesting piece. Double hose regulator valves work and it’s missing the ‘ scrubber?? ‘ unit and appeared to be early rebreather made for shallower depths. Rescue…NOT diving. I will try to post a pic later. I took it to ‘Heritage Days’ / Bryan Pennington Life Celeb. in Gibsonburg, OH this past August. …an interesting ‘museum piece’.
Scott G. Bonser

Could it be tanks for some type of cutting torch? It looks like some type of regulator of mixing valve in the middle of the manifold.

If I had to guess I think it is most likely a backup oxygen system for aircraft.

Yeah Globe Industries Incorporated leftover ideas from Globe Aircrat Company MAYBE or something.

It's portable.

Unlike mine that I bolted into a car

029.JPG

For pumping tyres and blowing things and air jack working and rattlegunning and

Could it be tanks for some type of cutting torch? I
No. Mixing O2 and a fuel like acetylene and then sending it down a length of hose is likely an explosion. You want the mixing to be right at the flame tip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom