Intermediate pressure lag on Scubapro mk20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seefa

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I recently purchased a scubapro MK20 that was in excellent condition but also possibly never serviced. The IP is solid at 10 bar however when purging the regulator it takes several seconds to climb up from 9 to 10 BAR. I have never seen this kind of lag before and I have no experience in scubapro regulators or piston regulators so I appreciate any guidance I can get.

Thank you!

Typical.... The 20/25 (after the 10+) continue to use a seat that has a square bottom. It also likely has the brass tipped piston (replace it with the modern composite) that makes them "mushy". As long as it locks, it is normal behavior for that model...

Thank you!
I didn’t think this falls under ip creep so couldn’t find any information when I was looking.

You can upgrade to the newer composite piston. P/N 10.600.155. You can also add the external IP adjustment of the Mark 25.

And while at it, the Mark 20 has a SB on it for cracks in the threads (due to incorrect installation and over torque IMO).

The plastic saddle is replaced as part of the kit and is an indicator as to having the SB complied with or not. If it has two slots that should mean the service kit was installed and complied with. If the saddle still has three slots then SB has not been complied with. The parts should be free through Scubapro.

I’m not sure if my mk20 is eligible for the recall because it see,seems that the recall is only for the US and I fall under the EMEA region
i will check it carefully for cracks and be sure to torque it correctly

I’m not sure if my mk20 is eligible for the recall because it see,seems that the recall is only for the US and I fall under the EMEA region
i will check it carefully for cracks and be sure to torque it correctly

If you are a DIN user simply purchasing the (current) Yoke to DIN conversion should solve the supposed problem.

I am! And the regulators are already DIN

I am! And the regulators are already DIN
Doesn't mean that they are the current post-recall component (there was a revision to the DIN assembly too). The revision has a shoulder that prevents the insertion too far that can crack the body...

Im fairly sure it is not the post recall component as mine were originally purchased in the EU and don’t have the right number of fins
the recall was limited to the USA and I have not found much information on divers actually having a cracked body on their regulator. The lack of a recall globally makes me think that this issue is far less common and less of an issue than we might believe. Lots of recalls seem to be limited to the USA (perhaps due to the litigious nature of life there?)

At any rare I will ask my local technician and check the regulator carefully before making a decision. I am not very interested in spending nearly half of what I paid for the regulator to replace a part if I don’t need to
Doesn't mean that they are the current post-recall component (there was a revision to the DIN assembly too). The revision has a shoulder that prevents the insertion too far that can crack the body...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom