International Training (SDI/TDI/ERDI) Again Poised for Explosive Growth in 2008!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve SDI/TDI HQ

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
International Training, the parent organization of Scuba Diving International (SDI) Technical Diving International (TDI) and Emergency Response Diver International (ERDI) experienced unprecedented growth in 2007 and is taking the steps required to meet the explosive growth it anticipates for 2008.

The healthy interest in programs offered by this group was very obvious at the most recent DEMA show in Orlando, Florida. But market growth has not been restricted to North America and the vast majority of International Training's twenty four worldwide offices -- many in attendance at DEMA -- noted strong sales and healthy growth in 2007.

Interest in the “on-line training” pioneered by the SDI-TDI-ERDI group is gaining even more momentum and industry acceptance as others follow the lead with copy-cat on-line programs.

Brian Carney, Group President stated “We are extremely appreciative of our team's dedication and contribution to our continued growth. We know each person in our team is thoroughly committed to the success of all of our members.

"This unselfish support from our team makes up the nucleus of our organizations strength around the world, and because of it an extremely aggressive restructuring program is possible. The SDI-TDI-ERDI support group is well known for its responsiveness to the needs of our store owners, resort operators, instructors and the dive community at large."

In order to continue to exceed the member service expectations the following assignments have been made.

Paul Montgomery has been named Director of International Business Development. Paul has been an integral part of the Training Department and well known through his work with the regional offices worldwide administering the extremely successful Instructor Trainer Workshop and Instructor Development programs. “His transition to this position is a natural. Paul’s vast twenty two plus years of industry experience has him in the right place at the right time to help this organization move forward," stated Sean Harrison VP of Training.

“While Paul will be missed in his previous position we are pleased to announce Steve Moore will be joining Training and Membership Services," Harrison further stated.

Steve Moore comes to International Training after 25 years of distinguished service in the United Kingdom’s Royal Air Force, where he organized several military diving expeditions on both sides of the Atlantic. Steve is a very active Trainer and is very well versed in the SDI-TDI-ERDI systems. An outspoken advocate for the organization and its agencies he has spent the past three years as Program and Expeditions Manager for Ocean Quest in Newfoundland, a strong facility for International Training.

Steve Lewis has been named as the Marketing and Communications Director. Steve has been an Instructor Trainer with International Training since the inception of TDI in the mid-nineties. An avid wreck and cave diver, Steve continues to make the time to pursue his passion and teaches actively. He is certified to Instructor-Trainer Advanced Trimix level. As a former member of the training advisory panel, and former director of product development for International Training he has an excellent understanding of our members needs.

“Steve's background in Marketing, Corporate Communications and consumer publishing coupled with his willingness to step up to any challenge presented to him, makes him an extremely valuable member of our team” said Brian Carney.

“This is a great time in the history of International Training, we continue to be a leader in the Technical Diving Training community and our growth and emerging market strategies are succeeding to gain us a larger market share,” Carney concluded.

To learn more visit: International Training :: Home :: TODAY!

Steve,
I am a Captain at one of the biggest Fire Departments in my area and I am trying to start a ERDT and everytime I bring it up I get blown of. We cover part of a lake and three major rivers. We do havve an ubove water rescue team. Along with the lake and rivers we have numerous ponds. My department cover 748 square miles. Any suggestions.
Thanks,
Lloyd
Dive Safe.

Steve,
I am a Captain at one of the biggest Fire Departments in my area and I am trying to start a ERDT and everytime I bring it up I get blown of. We cover part of a lake and three major rivers. We do havve an ubove water rescue team. Along with the lake and rivers we have numerous ponds. My department cover 748 square miles. Any suggestions.
Thanks,
Lloyd
Dive Safe.

Lloyd: the primary contact for ERDI at our headquarters is Paul Montgomery. Paul is an ex-firefighter and has some experience in the area of getting an emergency response dive team started.

I have PM'd you his contact details. If you have any other questions, please contact me directly. My extension is 209... same number.

All the best. And thanks for your interest.

Back
Top Bottom