Intova 4.7w narrow beam failed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kittles

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
After many glowing reviews of the Intova torches both the compact and the magnetic switch style, about 2 weeks ago I purchased one each of the narrow and wide 4.7w.

On a very shallow dive yesterday (~10m/33ft) I had the narrow beam fail. I first noticed that the light wasn't as bright as normal and when I had a look at the head I could see a few droplets of water were sitting on the glass. When I got out of the water I opened it up and the threads and orings seemed in tact however there was visible water through the battery area and in the head. When I tilted the torch up I must have moved some water on the board as it shorted out and stopped working.

I love this torch for it's brightness and understand that all products will have faults however this was the torches first dive and I'm feeling a little dissapointed. Just wondering how I can go about bringing this to Intova's attention. The shipping costs of getting the torch back to Hawaii from Australia probably means I should just go and buy another one.

Is there anything I can do to fix this unit or do I need to buy another one?

Cheers.

Take back to dealer, if possible. They are good lights and I have 3 of them.

Last edited:
Between the wife and I we own 6 Intovas and have yet to have a failure with over 100 dives on each. Sounds like some bad luck, I would not rule them out as a good light just yet!

Very sorry to hear of your trouble. We are proud of our torches and sell tens of thousands of them. Unfortunately, no manufacturing process is perfect and some, a very small percentage, will fail. Sounds like you got one of these and we stand behind them 100%. If you bought the torch in Australia, our Australian distributor can help replace it. If you bough in USA, it will need to come back to us. Please email joe@intova.net with purchase details and we will help.

Back
Top Bottom