Intova 4.7W Narrow beam - Faulty switch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gbirch

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
On a trip to the UK last year, I stoppoed by a dive store (as you do when visiting a strange town :D ) and I was VERY impressed by the Intova 4.7W torch. In fact, I was so impressed I bought one on the spot! This is a great product and is just what I needed.It is easily bright enough to use as a primary, but has the form factor of a backup. On a night dive with y local dive club, it was easily brighter than many of the so-called "Primary" lights!

However... :depressed: After only a handfull of dives, I pulled it out of my dive box to find that it won't switch on. Going for the obvious first, I replaced the bateries (CR123A), but still no joy. Then I discovered that if I jolt it is shake it, it comes on... until it gets jolted or moved again & it goes off... until jolted again.

I'm bummed! Any suggestions? Taking it back to the store would be, shall we say, not practical :). Could it be a faulty switch? Is ithe switch replacable/repairable?

Help!

It sounds like your problem is the battery contact. Remove the battery cover and batteries. Use another flashlight to look inside and you will see a silver battery contact at the far end. Using a piece of wire with a hook on the end, a dentist pick or something similar, gently pull the contact out a little bit. That should do it. In future, be careful not to use too much force when inserting batteries. We are making a modification to make this piece more resistant to forceful battery insertion.

If that is not the issue and it is indeed the switch. We can easily send a replacement switch. The light is also covered under wattanty and we will replace if defective.

To contact us, please e-mail tech@intova.net or call (808) 837-0074.

Thank You,

Intova
935 Makahiki Way 2nd floor
Honolulu, HI 96826
(808) 837-0074

I wanted to close out this thread by commenting on the outstanding customer support I received from Intova on this issue. What amazes me is that this is not one of the most expensive items in the catalog, but the guys at intova were willing to go back and forth with me several times until they had fixed my problem and amazed me at the quality and concern of their customer service. It doesn't happen often, but they exceeded my expectations.

A BIG THANK YOU to Intova.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom