Intova edge x firmware problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dayolfc

New
Reaction score
Hi, I have had 4 of these cameras in the past 12 months, 3 of which had to be sent back due to 'problems', whether it be hardware or firmware related. My latest and most frustrating one, considering that I'm currently on my vacation, is the camera froze during a dive, and after removing the battery once I had surfaced, it will no longer acknowledge my sd card?? I have tried using my backup card, however, having the same issues? Even re-formatted the cards in my laptop and still no luck. I'm beginning to think that as good as the cameras performance is, the firmware behind it is shocking, and I'm now considering dropping it altogether in favour of the more reliable GoPro. The Intova Edge X user manual is very basic, and offers no trouble shooting advice whatsoever.

Just wondered if you managed to fix the camera? I'm on my second one as the first kept freezing and the second one has now stopped reading the sd card.

The camera’s turning out to be a complete letdown :rant:

Just wondered if you managed to fix the camera? I'm on my second one as the first kept freezing and the second one has now stopped reading the sd card.

The camera’s turning out to be a complete letdown :rant:
Managed to get a complete refund from the supplier, who also informed me that they have stopped selling the camera, and I can only presume the reason for this is down to its performance/reliability. My advice would be to exchange it at all costs :)

Back
Top Bottom