Intova ISS 4000 wont fire on slave mode anymore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello, I just bought a brand new Intova ISS 4000 for my trip to mauritius. I assembled it all properly and it was working perfectly with the timing on the slave and everything. Today though it seems the ready light will not come on and it will never fire on the slave setting. I can force it to flash with the test fire action but nothing else. The batteries it came with were NiMHyd 1.25V 2900 Mamphr rechargeable. I tried replacing them with 1.2V 2500 Mamphr rechargeable NiMHyd batteries to see if it was a battery problem. It does not fire with the replacements either. Can anyone tell me if perhaps I need to buy more powerful batteries or if the strobe is malfunctioning?

My Intova flash has to be set up for the correct number of preflashes. If it doesn't see the correct count it won't go off. It has to be matched to the cameras preflashes which could be none or several.

Brian

The batteries should be fine especially if you had it working perfectly before and now all of a sudden it is not. As Brian stated it has to be on the correct pre flash count for your camera. Make sure it wasn’t switched to another count somehow while you weren’t using it. If after checking your camera with all the preflash settings starting with the highest setting 4 and working your way down and still no luck contact kevin@intova.net and he'll get you taken care of. Take care.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom