Intova Sport HD VS Intova 10K

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Noam

New
Reaction score
Hi there,
I'm having hard time to decide which camera to buy, the Intova Sport HD or the Intova 10K.
the main usage will be still pics while diving.

i'll be more then happy to have your opinions

10x

If your main usage is still pictures I would think the 10k would produce better stills although hard to say for sure given the lack of specifications on Intovas website.

Hello,
If your primary interest is photo, the SP10 is a tremendous value. It also does good video but it is VGA not HD. Sport HD is full 1080p HD video.
Best Regards,
Joe

hi,
so i bought the 10k, can't say I'm happy with it.
it's not possible to switch to macro or back to regular pics when the camera is in the housing, very annoying.
lots of photos are not focused or blurred, didn't happen when i was using a rented Canon.
after every dive i had to change batteries, not that nice.
over all, I'm regret buying it and not saving a bit more and getting other camera.

Hi Noam,
Sorry you are unhappy, the Sport 10K is a great value but isdesigned for relatively simple use. If macro is important our IC14 offers automacro at both ends of the zoom range and also allows filters and lenses. SP10is value priced and serves a unique niche in the market but takes great photos,we tested it thoroughly. In regards to batteries, any camera will need eitherrecharging or replacement with similar usage range. You can use rechargeablebatteries in SP10K. Also, make sure to use the auto off feature so you are notusing up batteries when you don’t need to.
Best Regards,
Joe Ganahl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom