Intova Sport Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can hear it in the clips too. I'm rather curious about it. Could it perhaps be an artifact from the compression used?
Yup I hear it too. It doesn't sound like a compression artifact at all.

---------- Post added April 6th, 2013 at 05:52 PM ----------

Hi Guys
I picked up on a conversation concerning the file error problem with the Intova and upgrading the related firmware. Unfortunately I didn't know of this until after a trip and now have about 70% of the videos I took with this error blue screen. Can anyone tell me is there anyway you can recover these files or are they now scrap?
Can you upload one of these files somewhere? Maybe the smallest of them just to see if it's fixable? It might be as simple as putting the bitstreams into a different container.

Hi guys,

I have just placed my order for Intova Sport HD and am looking forward to my 1st leisure dive after my Open Water Certification last month.

As I am an amateur, I am looking for a basic setup to maximise my underwater photography/ video recording with Intova Sport HD. May I ask for any suggestions for torch lights/ trays which can be assembled at a affordable cost?

Regards,
sprintv

Hi guys,

I have just placed my order for Intova Sport HD and am looking forward to my 1st leisure dive after my Open Water Certification last month.

As I am an amateur, I am looking for a basic setup to maximise my underwater photography/ video recording with Intova Sport HD. May I ask for any suggestions for torch lights/ trays which can be assembled at a affordable cost?

Regards,
sprintv

Don't want to diminish your enthusiasm, but I recommend you get 20 or so dives under your belt before you consider U/W videography. There's enough involved in becoming an accomplished diver without the distraction of cameras.

Good luck.

I used it with Snake River Prototyping tray last trip and although not the cheapest option around its well worth its price. A cheaper alternative is a tray from Intova (LP sells all the parts you will need) although my experience with that option was somewhat negative overall.

Don't want to diminish your enthusiasm, but I recommend you get 20 or so dives under your belt before you consider U/W videography. There's enough involved in becoming an accomplished diver without the distraction of cameras.

Good luck.

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the tip. I'm probably too excited about the underwater world that I forgot abut honing my buoyancy and techniques etc... I shall put this thought aside for now. :D

Regards,
Sprintv

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the tip. I'm probably too excited about the underwater world that I forgot abut honing my buoyancy and techniques etc... I shall put this thought aside for now. :D

Regards,
Sprintv

I look forward to reading many dive trip reports and seeing photos/videos from you in the future. Wasn't trying to be bossy, just want you to be safe. :D Happy diving.

Hi Gary,

Regards,
Sprintv

Consider this a chance to play with the camera above water and learn its features and quirks in a non task-
loading environment. If you can find a way to mount it out of the way, that's another option.

Have fun, but be safe.

My intova sport pro hd died again. Last year I purchased a sport pro hd only to encounter issues related to firmware. After receiving excellent support from Kevin and the nice guys in Intova, I have received a replacement unit and has not had any incident since... until two weeks ago.

The same behaviour occurred as we were going out for a dive. Suddenly the camera won't turn on despite it being fully charged the night before. No matter how hard we pressed the power button to no avail.

We managed to turn it on once we reached home and plugged the camera to a power source. The camera turned on without incident. This is the exact same problem I had before with the one that Intova replaced.

I contacted Kevin and was told that in these cases the camera must be hard reset (although i'm not sure how can one do that while on a boat and water all around). He told me to immediately let him know if it happens again.

Has anyone received a replacement unit from Intova and is encountering the same problem?

Just bought an intova sp1 off ebay brand new to try as I am a new diver with only 20 logged dives I wanted something plug and play. Just read through the thread and noticed a few issues. Anyway the software is v2012121425 so don't know if this a later one or an earlier version? Will this need updating? It came with a lense cap, strap and 8gb card. When I started the camera the date was on 2011 which I have now altered which makes me think it may be an earlier one and the buttons are quite stiff? Cheers Steve

Back
Top Bottom