Intova Sport Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buttons are very stiff at first. Not sure about latest software. I suggest you contact Intova support and ask them directly. They have been very responsive when I had questions.

Just bought an intova sp1 off ebay brand new to try as I am a new diver with only 20 logged dives I wanted something plug and play. Just read through the thread and noticed a few issues. Anyway the software is v2012121425 so don't know if this a later one or an earlier version? Will this need updating? It came with a lense cap, strap and 8gb card. When I started the camera the date was on 2011 which I have now altered which makes me think it may be an earlier one and the buttons are quite stiff? Cheers Steve

I believe I posted a link a few pages earlier to where the firmware download is located. Check your version against what is there. I had to use my phone camera to read the firmware (pinch-zoom) version on the SP1 as the font is quite small. Things that will indicate bad firmware: Videos longer than 5 minutes become corrupted, device shuts down and never restarts (you may not have much recourse here as an ebay buyer, however if this happens, contact Intova), any other unusual failures.

You should be happy with the performance of this camera...it is really quite nice. Have fun!

Any word on the high pitched noise in the video? I've noticed it in mine to.

I've had it with Go Pro. Flooded 3 different times. Best Buy takes them back without any questions but I missed a lot of moments. This past dive I had a head mount and couldn't wait to get home to see the octopus, bull shark, and Dolphin snagging an amberjack only to get to the boat and find my camera flooded.

Anyway I'm looking forward to trying this out. On a similar note I have a Go Pro Hero 3 white for sale unopened.

https://vimeo.com/68505093
Easter Island - April 2013

Underwater shots with Intova SP-1
I'm still learning with the red filter.

If no light, or low light, it is going to be granny, as ALL the cameras. It depends on the sensor. In the same trip, a friend used a GoPro. The same problems.

Big regards,

Paul, from Chile

Got one for Dad's Day...tested it out on a couple of dives...got the red filter and close up lens. So far, so good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom