Introducing myself......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear all lucky guessers

Yup, you got it in one. Moto Guzzi was my first love, but will have a hard time keeping up with diving, my guess is. I suppose I am just a faithless soul :)

Now I just have to figure out a way to combine the two....

Don/Sybil: what's wrong with being a sex symbol *gg*; not everyone can get away with wearing leopard print - that takes personality!

Goz,
Maybe we could talk them into making an underwater scooter.
But knowing Guzzi, it would probably be real big and powerful.

Don #8

Dear Don #8

Knowing Guzzi, we would probably have to rewire the dratted thing before we even started it *g*

40 Knotts! Holy Cow! I'm sure the US Navy would really like to get their hands on that baby! In all seriousness though I tinkered with, and had a K-10 Hydrospeeder in my garage for a while. Flying with those things is a blast. The only thing that stinks about them is that they are awefully heavy if you don't own a boat with a winching system. They do 6-8 knotts underwater and run for about 60-90 minutes. Not too shabby for what you pay for it.

Mario

I've been playing with the idea of building a small scooter out of a piece of stainless pipe I have sittin in the garage. Its just the right diameter to fit a deep cycle marine battery.....guess I better check into catalyst material so I don't have a hydrogen explosion underwater...don't know if I would be able to squeeze 6-8 knots out of a hand-held scooter though.

Bio guy

bio guy, building an underwater scooter that's fast and affordable is no easy task. The K10 achieves those speeds by using two motors. There a picture of it on the link below, though the rest of the site is quite week.
http://www.hydrovelocity.com/hy_AquaTour2.htm

Let us know how you progress through the design and build process.

Welcome to the board and to one of the greatest experience of a life time. Enjoy the diving and take care of the environment. Take pictures not things. GOOD DIVING!!!

Actually Gozu I was thinking....how about donating the engine from your bike. Could be hooked up to a modified air compressor and give everyone tank fills in under 10 seconds flat.... sure the tanks would get a tad warm, but what's life without a little risk.... LOL

Seriously though...found a site on the web a few months ago, selling new surplus 12 volt motors from those electric jeeps that kids ride around in. I hooked them up and they have lots of torque. I'll eventually get a prototype going and see how they handle swinging a prop.

Cheers

Bio guy

BTW Mario...that is a neat looking machine...but I can see that it would be less than practical for a quick jump in the lake.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom